Road Glide banner

Garvin90's swiv museum plus more tour!!

20K views 160 replies 35 participants last post by  Fenny 
#1 · (Edited)
Sooooo I had such a blast with hutmo and peewee and the rest of you clowns on the gypsy tour that I'm going to make up my own deal!! For me, the HD museum is "on the way" to Maine.

This trip will include cananananada territory so you will need a passport. They are easy to acquire however, please don't wait till the last minute to procure one. If you procrastinate, there is a fast fee but why pay more when you have a years advanced notice?

Ok here is the sign up form for my Museum Tour with our tour schedule and the first set of hotel info.

REGISTER HERE!!

All city dates are posted for the end of day destination city. I will be starting out Thursday morning from my home in Papillion/Omaha, Ne. I suggest using the Comfort Inn on Grover st. Very close to the interstate and a HD dealer.

Thursday August 7 - Milwaukee, Wi Ramada Inn 414-272-8410 use code Rays Museum Tour

Friday August 8 - Mackinaw City, Mi Thunderbird Inn (231) 436-5433(ask for deedra) use code Rays Museum Tour

Saturday August 9 - Sarnia, On, Ca Guildwood Inn 519-337-7577 use code Rays Museum Tour

Sunday August 10 - Utica, Ny Radisson Hotel 1-315-797-8010 use code Rays Museum Tour

Monday August 11 - Gorham, Nh We arrive! Hope your booked at the host hotel since its full now!!

Heres a link to the super awesome and cant miss it Museum Tour Ride Plan! Please try to contain yourself as this will be tweaked over the coming weeks/months as I finalize everything. It wont change much, just a few roads here or there to avoid the hub bub of the major arteries.
Sent from the roadglide.org Monarch's phone

See less See more
#3 ·
Ya the ferry i not cheap and actually takes longer than riding around either on the Wisconsin side or Michigan side. If you go on the Michigan side head up 31 to 22 then back on 31 over to 119 which is the tunnel of trees and at the end is a great restaurant called legs in.

I may be up for this an would meet you guys in muskeegan. Keep us updated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
If all goes well with my new family (baby gonna be here in October) I am planning on riding up and around the great lakes in to Canuckville and take it all the way to Niagra falls than reenter there to work my way back to Maine for SW, than take my time headed back home to the flat lands through Vermont and a few other beautiful riding ares, TBD. Hopefully I can drag my best friend and his wife along, even though he rides a cyclops.

#9 ·
My recommendation for NY that I made to Hutmo: from Cooperstown take 28 north to Blue Mountain Lake, 28N to Long Lake, 30 to Tupper Lake, 3 to Saranac Lake, 86 to Lake Placid. Many options from that point including (as quicksand mentioned) Lake George, NY, or take ferry across Lake Champlain to Burlington VT.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#12 ·
I plan on starting a tour as well.

My group will ride approximately 1 hour behind Garvins and hurl insults at them during food breaks. Then at night when they are sleeping we can cover thier rides in shaving cream and setup fake wake up calls!!!! :D

whos in?

D.

#16 ·
So here's some info for those interested or on the fence. I will leave Omaha and travel to cedar rapids, ia. From there I will head north on 151 into Milwaukee. I'm looking at making a photo op stop in Madison, wi. From there I will continue on to the museum and then the ferry. I'm looking at Muskegon or a suburb city for the hotel. I'm doing that for two reasons. Anyone who is with me that either does not wish to or cannot go into Canada, can jog down to 90 and slide around the lake on the US side. The other reason is I'll be dead tired from getting on the road at 3am in Omaha lol.

#17 ·
So far I have a facey space event page created for this. Those of you interested in it(and on my fb) I can send you an invite.

I checked the museum's website and we can buy our tickets from there. Its open till 6p and tickets are $18 per person. I cant say adult since I don't qualify for that lol. If you are either an old person(65+) or have a military ID, then it goes down to $12.

The Lake Ferry may or may not be an option for us as it only arrives 4 times in Milwaukee and there is a large window gap if we miss it. Tickets for this can also be purchased online and with all the "fees" comes out to around $140ish per person. You can probably get out of 2/3s that cost if you would rather just stay on the upper deck for the whole 2 1/2 hour cruise. I'm still checking on this.

Due to the potential ferry issue, I'm looking into other more scenic route options, some to even include more of a Canadian tour than the original couple hour plan.

I'm trying to put together a little signature picture that I will post for those interested. Might have that up by tomorrow.

#18 ·
Got the signature working! Feel free to right click and save so that you too can be as cool as me :D If anyone is interested in also making it a link to this thread, please follow the proceeding steps.
1. Go to the top of your browser and highlight the web address for this thread. Copy that text.
2. Go into Edit Signature
3. Highlight the text involving the signature picture
4. With the text still highlighted, click on the icon above that is the symbol of the Earth with a chain link. That's your web url link. Paste the copied address from previously in here and hit ok. If all was done properly you should be able to hit Preview signature and mouse over the image. If your cursor hightlights to a clickable hand, voila!
If you have any issues with this, walk through step 1 and 4, if the web addy isn't ALL copied it wont work.

Looking at schedule wise, we will leave Omaha on Friday morning and stay in a hotel on the outskirts of Milwaukee. I have several I'm looking at currently plus I'm trying to coordinate something that may coincide with recommended roads from the HD trip planner. This could change obviously. I know that I can ride at a pretty good clip and if we leave at 7am(after breakfast) can be to the museum before it closes. My only concern would be if theres any delays we may be cutting it close to the wire.

If anyone from out of town is coming with us from our starting point in Omaha, let me know and I can recommend a hotel or two. We also have a guest bedroom and a quiet neighborhood.

#20 ·
there are some good deals right downtown, especially mid week

scour those unsold room sites for 4 star with free breakfast, about $50-70

messing with url toys are fun, don't worry, you'll forget tomorrow like the rest of us.
Thanks for the info, my main hotels I'm looking are HoJos or LA quintas. I get discounts at both and I've stayed at multiple across the country.

I can't forget tomorrow what I never learned today lol.

what are you plan ahead dates? hopefully, before it gets cold?
What do you mean, as in the arrival days and stop cities on the way up to swiv?

#26 ·
OK, my friend, against my better judgment I am considering taking this alternative in. Now that Hutmo has pretty much zero'd in on the Thursday before SW IV in Erie, PA, do you have any projected dates? I'd kind of like to take the tunnel of trees run, if that's possible. Some of fellow SoCal folks, Nevada folks and Utah folks are trying to make the trip together, so I'm gonna have to convince them that you'll behave and buy us all beers and frozen custard along the way. What say you?

#28 ·
I honestly don't see why I cant add that into our Michigan tour. Ive been going over this lately trying to find us something neat to ride through in Michigan and I think the ToT will be just the ticket!

If you can scrounge up that many riders from out west to participate on this tour then yea, Ill buy you guys a beer. Ill think about the custard...:rolleyes:

GOOD BEHAVIOR?? No worries. Garvin is a big ol' mush ball.

Hutmo

Gypsy Tour '14. - PA Route 6 and so much more.
Yea I suppose...

I was almost literally a big ol' mush ball in Cedar Breaks with those deer at swiii...:eek:

To answer your question mutt, this is my projected stop days. Are you on the FB page I created for this event? I have the start date and time posted over there as well. The following dates/cities are listed by the morning starting points.

Day 1 Thursday August 7th - Papillion, Ne

Day 2 Friday August 8th - Milwaukee, Wi

Day 3 Saturday August 9th -Mackinaw City, Mi

Day 4 Sunday August 10th - ??

Day 5 Monday August 11th - ??

I'm still dinking with the last two cities. The first day will be the hardest being that it is a 500+ mile day. Everything else I'm shooting at 350 mile days so that we have plenty of time to BS and take lots of pictures.

Ill have more locked down and hotel info posted by December time.

Admins, can we make this a sticky? The interest has grown more than I expected! :eek::D

#29 ·
Ive done some research and for those out of owners that will start with us here in Omaha, I will suggest the Comfort Inn Suites. Its centrally located and very near Holsteins HD in case anyone needs service... or a T-shirt lol.

www.comfortinn.com
7007 Grover St, Omaha, Be 68106

That whole corner of 72nd and Grover is hotel central with a BP gas station and a BK on one side and a Perkins on the other.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.