2015 Road Glide... - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures

General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 04:39 PM

Default 2015 Road Glide...

What if.....

The reason the RG is delayed is that they will try to put the radiators in the fairing. It is possible because the fairing is fixed!!!

Maybe one on each side with a 69 Mach I style scoop. Or in the center like a 65 vette, above the headlights since there will be all that room when they move the radio to the sppedo console area!

I need to hit the photoshop. Maybe if they wont, a can do this when I retrofit the 2014 Twin Cool 110 to my 09 RG!!!!

Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Grey beard

Cool

I doubt it... I bet we will get the same setup as in the Street Glide...

Why would the go through all that trouble. They are not.

Still, can't wait to the see the new shark.

2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics - My Mods Thread / 2013 Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
Old 08-20-2013, 04:49 PM

They said it will be reintroduces "bigger and better" in 2015. My idea hits both!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Life Member

If you are a photoshop ninja please post when done. Would be cool to see

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 08-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Grey beard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphisglide View Post
They said it will be reintroduces "bigger and better" in 2015. My idea hits both!
Who am I to shatter your dreams and hopes.

But the Street Glide checks all those areas... It is bigger in every possible way... with all the electronics upgrades, easier way to open the bags, TP is larger in every direction (but looks smaller in photos)...

2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics - My Mods Thread / 2013 Forty-Eight in Ember Red Sunglo
Old 08-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Life Member

Speaking of the bat wing - if the new design eliminates buffeting, then why a shark? Flame on!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 FLTRX BBP, lowers, monotubes, 444 shocks, Rush True Duals & Big Louie slipons, PV tuner, etc..
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Grey beard

Problem is fitting in the new "info center" into inner fairing dash.

Look for a retro to the "tourglide" type fairing of the late 80's early 90's. The new info center will be attached to the handle bars much like the speedo and tach are now. Current radio position in the dash will morph to holding speedo and tach that are slightly larger than the fuel and voltage meters but small than the current speedo and tach. Air temp and oil pressure display will move to the info center. Any liquid cooling will stay in the fairing lowers like they have now.

The new outer fairing will have better metal attachment threaded nuts placed into it. The fins will no longer be part of the alignment process of putting the inner back on the outer.

Attachment points will be similar to beefier torx type screws found under the batwing fairing out of sight by the front shocks.

Headlights will be smaller but more rectangular in shape, there will be an LED option but it will require first born child or digits from each hand.

There will be an on-board compressor to adjust the rear shocks and the windshield will have a power tilt option.

The mirrors will be built into the outer fairing but will fold inward for storage. The mirrors will also have those fancy little arrow lights built into them that show up in the mirror and also will have orange LED'S facing forward.

Only thing that will stay the same is the glove boxes on the inner fairing.
Calgaryglide. '08 Road Glide, Platinum White with wood trim, Thundermax Autotune, Dragula 2:1, Drago 510 cams, Glidepro motor mount and rear bushing, Zippers chain tensioners, K&N a/c, BAL, Rokker XTs and lots of other stuff.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:06 PM

I'm wondering if they are waiting to see if the "water head" engine sells as to whether to use the air-cool or the water-cool.
2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Ultra. Monster Ovals, Jackpot Ceramic Headers, Fuel Moto Power Vision and Billet Air Cleaner, Oil Temp guage, saddle bag bumpers, 11.5" rear progressives 444, monotubes -1, Woods TW-777 cam. "Lord, help me to be half the man my dog thinks I am"
Old 08-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Administrator

I'm thinking either a cleaned up TG fairing or maybe a cleaned up FXRT style , as long as it has two eyes

JtB
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Life Member

it better be FUGLY is all I'm sayin'

Hotrodad and his 2005 FLTRi, Black Pearl
Closed Thread