Cobra Tuner - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > ECM/Fuel Management systems

ECM/Fuel Management systems ECM/Fuel Management systems For Road Glides

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 09-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Grey beard

Default Cobra Tuner

I know that there are much better tuners on the market when doing cams,ect,but the cobra is what i have for now,wanting to hear from those of you that do have or have had a cobra tuner then did a cam change,and what are your thoughts as its ability to handle the cams
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM

I am considering a Cobra FI 2000 Power Pro tuner. Is this the one you have? So, do you not like your Cobra tuner?
Old 09-27-2013, 09:44 PM
Grey beard

I have one and so far I can't see any differance except my mileage went to 27 mpg I called and they told me how to adjust it I'm fixing to add cams after I talk to woods I'll post on how she runs after I do the install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Old 09-27-2013, 09:45 PM

I have the cobra FI2000 and i love it,talked to the staff at cobra and this tuner has adjustments ,actually 3 pots you can adjust, for cams just not headwork from what i was told, a mild upgrade as you would call it,great unit for the money and for me,im considering cams but thats all,not headwork or big engine builds ,not my thing. Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:48 PM

Another noteable mention it works better if you have a non cat headpipe and free flowing mufflers and air cleaner, no i dont have the power pro.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM
Grey beard

Did you guys notice any fuel mileage changes I have decatted pipe stage1 and CFRs and I told them it seemed harder to start also but he told me not to wait for the fuel pump to prime and hit the start button and he was right it fires right up I don't have anything bad to say about the tuner at all I just didn't like 27 mpg but after adjusting it it seems to do better but there's nothing in the instructions about adjusting it so I felt a little stupid when I called and they ask if I had tried this or that I'm like what the hell are you talking about

Old 09-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grambo View Post
I am considering a Cobra FI 2000 Power Pro tuner. Is this the one you have? So, do you not like your Cobra tuner?
No i think its great with no cat pipe,SE a/c and slip ons just wanted to know if anyone out there has already done a cam change with the cobra,and my gas milage is still 42-45,talked to the cobra people last feb at the trade show in Cincy they said that when you get over 575 lift especialy with the woods cams the tuners do have a little trouble,so thats why i got the woods 222's they are only 555 lift,i am planning on putting them in this winter.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Grey beard

And yes i have the 2000 model tuner
Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 AM
Grey beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1 View Post
Did you guys notice any fuel mileage changes I have decatted pipe stage1 and CFRs and I told them it seemed harder to start also but he told me not to wait for the fuel pump to prime and hit the start button and he was right it fires right up I don't have anything bad to say about the tuner at all I just didn't like 27 mpg but after adjusting it it seems to do better but there's nothing in the instructions about adjusting it so I felt a little stupid when I called and they ask if I had tried this or that I'm like what the hell are you talking about

Just tried not waiting until the fuel pump primes,and you are right,it has never started that fast even when it was new and stock
Old 09-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Hangaround

I just finished the install of SE255 cams, CompCams 850 lifters and Ness Big Sucker. Already had decatted head pipes and CVO slipons. My Power Pro seemed to do well with the head pipes and slip ons but the mileage seem to have dropped with the cams.

Can you elaborate on how to adjust the Cobra Tuner?

Last edited by Dharn55; 10-04-2013 at 10:00 PM.