New FLTRX Rear Lighting - Page 2 - Road Glide Forums
Road Glide Forums

Go Back   Road Glide Forums > Road Glide Specific Discussions > Lighting

Lighting Lighting for Road Gildes

Advertisement
Order T-Shirts Here

Motorcycle Superstore

Make sure to Visit our Sponsors. They keep this site FREE!

Partner Links

Motorcycle Superstore

Old 08-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Hangaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawing dead View Post
I think its a H-D product.
Only from HD.
Pay more for a stripped down bike and then end up paying them for the things that were left off.
I must be in the wrong business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2011, 04:09 PM

Install the light today, it bolts on to the light housing, it's mounted good and stable.

Last edited by Roadhog56; 08-28-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Hangaround

Default Rear Lighting for FLTRX

Hi, new to forum, I bought a FLTRX as I wanted a stripped down rear end. At first I didn't like the NO Tail light for obvious reasons, but I'm trying to get away from , TOO much crap, too busy a look. With that being said, why would you want to mess up the back end with more bright ass chrome crap?? Check out Custom Dynamics, Plasma Rods. they mount using 3m tape, to the bags I suspect, smoke color lens so you can't see them and they fill out the space between the bags and stock filler panels on the street glide and road glide custom. They can be wired for run turn brake or any combination of the three. Check them out. The custom dynamic website has vids, etc. good luck
Old 08-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Luedke View Post
Hi, new to forum, I bought a FLTRX as I wanted a stripped down rear end. At first I didn't like the NO Tail light for obvious reasons, but I'm trying to get away from , TOO much crap, too busy a look. With that being said, why would you want to mess up the back end with more bright ass chrome crap?? Check out Custom Dynamics, Plasma Rods. they mount using 3m tape, to the bags I suspect, smoke color lens so you can't see them and they fill out the space between the bags and stock filler panels on the street glide and road glide custom. They can be wired for run turn brake or any combination of the three. Check them out. The custom dynamic website has vids, etc. good luck
Everyone has different tastes ... but I have to agree. Even if it was black I wouldn't add that. I did add the the upgraded tri-bar run/brake light though. Even though I think it should could come stock and griped about spending the bucks for it, I wanted more braking visibility. May do the Plasma Rods in the future but my list is long ... lol

2011 FLTRX 103

VH Dresser Duals | Klock Werks SS | HD Ventilator | Power Vision | Santees 11in Apes | CB SSC Euro 15in
Old 09-04-2011, 08:01 PM

Default rear fender light strips

After two bros commented on the difficulty seeing the brake light on my fltrx I was checking out additional rear lighting for my 2010 fltrx (scarlet red). I spent a bunch of time rersearching and found Kuryakyn to be the most reasonable priced. The offer three optons, the one you show, under bag lights, and rear fender light strips. I bought the rear fender strips. They work as running lights and brake. The cost is about the same for the light bar and the strips. I figured two lights are better than one also it gives more light width. Easy to install good lighting, bonus is that you can see the lights from the side also. My bro installed the under bag ones and they look great too. Bottom line you get buy all three and it'll cost a bit over three hundred.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:06 AM

I adree more visability from the rear isnt a bad thing
Old 09-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Life Member

I'm going to take mine back off. It's pathetic as a light, and the chrome is pealing already, AFTER JUST OVER A MONTH.

And I like the looks of the back end without it

...................... Ron..........................

........2011 Cool Blue Pearl FLTRX........
.............RoboGlide .............

Last edited by PGR; 09-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Administrator

HD just started offering the part this year, I bought it from Kury last year because I wanted more light and to fill the gap between the factory lights, I'm also running plasma rods, you don't notice them until they're on. I like as much light as possible in the rear without being too tacky. Also BAL is in the process of making a light for the 2010 up FLTRX and FLHX, they already had one product, but were'nt satisfied with it, the revision is supposed to be out by the end of the year, (that's what one of the reps told me).
Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 PM
Prospect

Question Bal

Hi, before I pull the trigger on plasma rods for my 2011 FLTRX, can you point me to BAL? I tried to search them and no luck. Just want to check out the alternatives. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOROAD View Post
Hi, before I pull the trigger on plasma rods for my 2011 FLTRX, can you point me to BAL? I tried to search them and no luck. Just want to check out the alternatives. Thanks.

http://brightasslights.com/

...................... Ron..........................

........2011 Cool Blue Pearl FLTRX........
.............RoboGlide .............

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.