1st run of the season - Road Glide Forums
Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures Show your trips here!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
Ranger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shiloh, GA
Posts: 1,783
1st run of the season

I made the last minute decision to ride down to Destin for the weekend. Can't wait to get some saddle time - Been itching all winter!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Ranger75 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Grey beard
 
Andyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Braunfels, Texas
Posts: 955
There is too much high octane gasoline in the world. It is our duty to burn as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

Glad to know you're doing your part! Have fun, ride safe!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'03 Deuce: 90k miles and counting, '11 RGU: 80k miles and counting.
Andyman is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:12 AM
Life Member
 
Rowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 5,189
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy
I have no idea where Destin is, but have a great ride. A little envy goin on here, no dry pavement in the forecast here for the week-end. On the up side, the sun is supposed to peek out today and tomorrow.
The sun is always an issue when it comes out during the week. I start having problems with my vision, cuz I just can't see my ass bein at work all day when the sun is shining.

Rowdy




Ridin a two lane montser, feedin on one cage at a time ...
Rowdy is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Grey beard
 
Nevadasun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Posts: 932
Garage
Enjoy the ride Ranger75. I'll be on a little ride myself approx. 480mi. Be sure to post pics.
Nevadasun is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Grey beard
 
1BigGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: K-Vegas, NC
Posts: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
I have no idea where Destin is, but have a great ride. A little envy goin on here, no dry pavement in the forecast here for the week-end. On the up side, the sun is supposed to peek out today and tomorrow.
The sun is always an issue when it comes out during the week. I start having problems with my vision, cuz I just can't see my ass bein at work all day when the sun is shining.

Rowdy

Rowdy,
If I'm not mistaken it's Destin FL. In the panhandle of Florida by Fort Walton Beach, almost in Alabama.

2010 FLTRX Black Denim
2007 FLSTN Vivid Black
1BigGuy is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:22 PM
Hangaround
 
BrettCr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 195
What kind of winter you been having down in Georgia????? I'm up in NC and haven't stopped riding. Pretty much been a cold fall all winter long. We had 70 degree weekend days in January and February! Actually, it was 70 today and i hit the road for a couple hours (got off work early ).

Seriously though... enjoy your ride and be safe!

- Brett



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



"The truth shall set you free!"
BrettCr is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
Ranger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shiloh, GA
Posts: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettCr View Post
What kind of winter you been having down in Georgia????? I'm up in NC and haven't stopped riding. Pretty much been a cold fall all winter long. We had 70 degree weekend days in January and February! Actually, it was 70 today and i hit the road for a couple hours (got off work early ).

Seriously though... enjoy your ride and be safe!
Busted... its been a crazy mild, warm winter here in west central GA. I've done some short rides but due to work trips (some up there to Fayetteville), I just ain't been able to string any miles together. This'll be 500 + miles I'm looking forward to!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Ranger75 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Hangaround
 
BrettCr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger75 View Post
Busted... its been a crazy mild, warm winter here in west central GA. I've done some short rides but due to work trips (some up there to Fayetteville), I just ain't been able to string any miles together. This'll be 500 + miles I'm looking forward to!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Enjoy every minute of it brotha!

- Brett



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



"The truth shall set you free!"
BrettCr is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
Ranger75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Shiloh, GA
Posts: 1,783
So I delayed my trip a day due to weather - best decision I've made in a long time, besides buying the shark.

Perfect riding weather today, logged 290 miles. Fixing to have some adult beverages with friends here now that it's parked.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Ranger75 is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Life Member
 
Rowdy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 5,189
Send a message via Yahoo to Rowdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigGuy View Post
Rowdy,
If I'm not mistaken it's Destin FL. In the panhandle of Florida by Fort Walton Beach, almost in Alabama.
Thanks Big Gary I had no idea. Lol

Rowdy




Ridin a two lane montser, feedin on one cage at a time ...
Rowdy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st ride of season madmat *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 14 05-23-2018 07:12 PM
4th annual RG.Org/1st Annual Bill Watkins Memorial Run Patti's Grand Rivers Ky JacktheBagger Organize Rides Here 84 10-03-2017 08:17 AM
Open Season Run Swagzilla *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 31 03-05-2013 03:03 PM
1st come, 1st served Howardsternspenis *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 16 07-17-2011 08:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome