Day Trip - Stockton Lake, MO - Road Glide Forums
Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures Show your trips here!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 354
Day Trip - Stockton Lake, MO

Headed south to meet up with jim_b in Bolivar, MO for a trip around Stockton Lake. First time meeting him. Awesome dude, and a great time. We met up and road into Bolivar for a quick bite, then hit the road. Had a great ride around the lake and I was happy to see it wasn't as congested as Truman normally is (especially on a Sat). Sorry no pics...REALLY wish I had one of the that vulture! Course jim_b can tell you all about it....he saw it up close. : )
Bottle Cap is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Member
 
jim_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nixa, Missouri
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Headed south to meet up with jim_b in Bolivar, MO for a trip around Stockton Lake. First time meeting him. Awesome dude, and a great time. We met up and road into Bolivar for a quick bite, then hit the road. Had a great ride around the lake and I was happy to see it wasn't as congested as Truman normally is (especially on a Sat). Sorry no pics...REALLY wish I had one of the that vulture! Course jim_b can tell you all about it....he saw it up close. : )
Ya....definitely played chicken with a vulture. I did get a pic of the 2 best looking bikes around Stockton Lake.
Had a good time....looking forward to the next time we catch. Maybe we can bring the ol' ladies!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1339897205268.jpg (77.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1339897486362.jpg (92.5 KB, 28 views)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 FLTRX Vivid Black With Supertrapp Fatshotz, V & H Dresser Duals, PCV, Big Sucker, SE 255 Cams, 12" Wild 1 Outlawz, MadStad 16", HogTunes Amp/5x7 Fairing Speakers, Mustang Wide Tripper W/Pillion, List Goes On And On
jim_b is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Member
 
jim_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nixa, Missouri
Posts: 327
....we catch.....up.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 FLTRX Vivid Black With Supertrapp Fatshotz, V & H Dresser Duals, PCV, Big Sucker, SE 255 Cams, 12" Wild 1 Outlawz, MadStad 16", HogTunes Amp/5x7 Fairing Speakers, Mustang Wide Tripper W/Pillion, List Goes On And On
jim_b is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 354
Yeah...definitely need to hook up again. I'll talk to the wif, but she's a fair weather rider and not too big on longer rides. But you can't ever tell...she may be all about a day out and meeting up with you and the misus.

Great pics!! Wish I had one of that swerve you did around the vulture...too cool/funny at the same time. That dude just didn't give a sh!t you were there. : )
Bottle Cap is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Member
 
jim_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nixa, Missouri
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Yeah...definitely need to hook up again. I'll talk to the wif, but she's a fair weather rider and not too big on longer rides. But you can't ever tell...she may be all about a day out and meeting up with you and the misus.

Great pics!! Wish I had one of that swerve you did around the vulture...too cool/funny at the same time. That dude just didn't give a sh!t you were there. : )
I think that vulture and his buddy were planning on taking one of us for a little snack later....after they finished that road kill that we spooked them off.

As far as a meet and greet with our wives we could always meet up in Clinton someday so she's not riding so far.

I am gonna try to get to Eureka with my wife tomorrow....kids heading to camp for the week.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2010 FLTRX Vivid Black With Supertrapp Fatshotz, V & H Dresser Duals, PCV, Big Sucker, SE 255 Cams, 12" Wild 1 Outlawz, MadStad 16", HogTunes Amp/5x7 Fairing Speakers, Mustang Wide Tripper W/Pillion, List Goes On And On
jim_b is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_b View Post
I think that vulture and his buddy were planning on taking one of us for a little snack later....after they finished that road kill that we spooked them off.

As far as a meet and greet with our wives we could always meet up in Clinton someday so she's not riding so far.

I am gonna try to get to Eureka with my wife tomorrow....kids heading to camp for the week.
Sounds good. I'll talk to her about it, take a look at the map, and see if I can't put a route together for us. You guys have fun in Eureka, and ride safe.
Bottle Cap is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Lake of the Ozarks, MO jj65020 New Members Welcome Area 25 01-31-2018 12:38 AM
Lake Superior Round Trip dn.bnntt Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures 5 05-03-2016 07:47 AM
Trip to Lake Afton James Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures 4 09-19-2015 09:47 PM
WI IL KY MO IOWA WI Road TRIP cvanmete Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures 9 07-24-2013 10:04 PM
Lake Superior trip biackbenz Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures 1 05-29-2012 02:42 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome