After viewing Niagra Falls, take the slow drive up to Niagra on the lake, wine country up there, much more scenic than the slab.
At Niagra on the Lake you can then head west and connect up with the Q.E.W. again and take that over to Burlington, then I would get off the Q.E.W. and take Lakeshore driver the rest of the way into Toronto. Depending on where your brother lives in the G.T.A (Greater Toronto Area) lots of things to see and do.
CN Tower of course, views on a clear day are amazing and May is a great time of year for clear sky days.
Rogers Stadium, home of the Blue Jays, maybe catch a game against the Red Sox
Hockey Hall of Fame, right downtown across the street from Air Canada Center which is next to Rogers Stadium and the Train Station.
Wayne Gretzky's restaurant at 99 Blue Jays way. Wayne Gretzky's Toronto | Sports Bar, Restaurant and Oasis Rooftop Patio - Sports Bar, Restaurant and Oasis Rooftop PatioWayne Gretzky's Toronto | Sports Bar, Restaurant and Oasis Rooftop Patio | Sports Bar, Restaurant and Oasis Rooftop Patio
Toronto has an are called the "Distillery District" great places for food and drink and bands.
When you leave Toronto and head east toward Kingston use hwy 22 or hwy 2 after you get past the metropolitan area of Toronto. The 401 is crazy with truck traffic all along the whole corridor and those other roads while slower will offer a better scenery at a more relaxed pace.
Kingston, Fort Henry Historic site, Queens University, and the Royal Military College (our version of West Point) beautiful places with history attached. There are some great back roads riding opportunities along Lake Ontario and the St. Lawrence Seaway.
There is ton of good riding in Ontario especially in the area north of Kingston, several loop rides that are really spectacular in the fall when the color is in full bloom.
Check out this website for more rides in Ontario, The Top 30 Motorcycle Roads in Ontario | Northern Ontario Travel
Crossing the border:
1. Be wearing your helmet when you come to the border crossing.
2 Shut off the bike, remove your sunglasses so that the agent gets a good look at your face and can hear you. Carry your passport proving your U.S. citizenship. This is important so that you can get back into the U.S. as a legal citizen of your own country.
2. Answer all questions truthfully. If you have a past, be honest about it. Time past since the transgression is important and a clean record since along with complete honesty will go a long way in the agents discretion of letting you in. They have sole discretion when it comes to your eligibility to enter Canada. They will know about your past and that is why they are asking. The U.S. and Canada exchange more citizen personal information than any other two countries in the world.
3. Answer only what you are asked. Volunteer no extra information
4. Know your exact destination and if asked how long your will be in Canada, give a finite time that you will be in Canada visiting.
5. DON'T BRING A GUN. If you have a conceal carry permit they may want to search you even though you declare that you do not have a gun be prepared for that. They have the right, you are entering a country that you are not a citizen of, same as when Canadians enter the U.S.
6. Do not bring any illicit drugs or your marijuana prescription. That is considered drug trafficcing. You may well have a prescription in your home state but it is not valid in Canada
7. Bring a copy of your prescriptions for any legitimate medications that you take to prove they are prescribed to you.
8. You may be asked if you are bringing in any alcohol or tobacco, small amounts of each, 1 26oz bottle of spirits, 200 cigarettes.
Come on up!