Sleepy hollow NY - Road Glide Forums
Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures Show your trips here!

 8Likes
  • 1 Post By BklynRGU
  • 2 Post By Mike U
  • 1 Post By BklynRGU
  • 1 Post By Mike U
  • 1 Post By geo8866
  • 1 Post By Mike U
  • 1 Post By BklynRGU
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
BklynRGU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 909
Sleepy hollow NY

A few friends are looking for a nice ride up to sleepy hollow this weekend I never been there so I can lead them to any nice roads any info or a nice route would be great they will be leaving from NYC

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Mike U likes this.

2016 RGS
2011 rgu brillant silver-sold
BklynRGU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Life Member
 
Mike U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,474
Thereís a lot of construction on the roads in Sleepy Hollow now. I usually ride Route 9 North to Route 448 which takes you by The Rockefeller Estates. I ride that to Route 9A North to Route 100 then up to Route 22.
Let me know when and where you will be and maybe I can hook up with You and Your Riding Buddies.
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madmat and duglauraflht like this.

USMC 1975-1977
Semper Fi!
Nothing else matters!
Mike U is online now  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
BklynRGU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 909
Thank you for the info unfortunately I won't be going with them this time they are looking to do this Sunday. But for sure the next one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike U View Post
Thereís a lot of construction on the roads in Sleepy Hollow now. I usually ride Route 9 North to Route 448 which takes you by The Rockefeller Estates. I ride that to Route 9A North to Route 100 then up to Route 22.
Let me know when and where you will be and maybe I can hook up with You and Your Riding Buddies.
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Mike U likes this.

2016 RGS
2011 rgu brillant silver-sold
BklynRGU is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 10:54 PM
Life Member
 
Mike U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,474
Sleepy hollow NY

Youíre welcome Bro.
If You make it next time give me a heads up and Iíll try and hook up with you.
I used to ride into NYC five days a week, weather permitting.
I took the FDR and it was a Horror Show. Too many pot holes and construction. I did enjoy the West Side Highway. As long as the traffic is flowing. Better scenery.
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BklynRGU likes this.

USMC 1975-1977
Semper Fi!
Nothing else matters!

Last edited by Mike U; 10-12-2018 at 10:58 PM.
Mike U is online now  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Life Member
 
geo8866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike U View Post
Youíre welcome Bro.
If You make it next time give me a heads up and Iíll try and hook up with you.
I used to ride into NYC five days a week, weather permitting.
I took the FDR and it was a Horror Show. Too many pot holes and construction. I did enjoy the West Side Highway. As long as the traffic is flowing. Better scenery.
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike, I just got a chill when you mentioned the FDR. As a former NYC guy, I do not miss the days of riding the Belt Parkway, to the BQE, to the Brooklyn Bridge, to the FDR. I can't believe I used to do that several days a week.
Mike U likes this.

2017 RGS Hard Candy Hot Rod Red Flake
geo8866 is online now  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
BklynRGU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 909
Not a problem

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

2016 RGS
2011 rgu brillant silver-sold
BklynRGU is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 AM
Life Member
 
Mike U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo8866 View Post
Mike, I just got a chill when you mentioned the FDR. As a former NYC guy, I do not miss the days of riding the Belt Parkway, to the BQE, to the Brooklyn Bridge, to the FDR. I can't believe I used to do that several days a week.


I hear you Brother!
Youíre lucky you got out of NY.
I wish I could flee too.
Semper Fi Bro!
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
geo8866 likes this.

USMC 1975-1977
Semper Fi!
Nothing else matters!
Mike U is online now  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
BklynRGU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike U View Post
I hear you Brother!
Youíre lucky you got out of NY.
I wish I could flee too.
Semper Fi Bro!
Mike U.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here but for now stuck for maybe 10yrs.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
geo8866 likes this.

2016 RGS
2011 rgu brillant silver-sold
BklynRGU is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sleepy towns - Pictures Ln Vintage General Off-Topic Discussions 12 09-12-2017 02:35 AM
Bear Hollow Trading Post Glider Rider Clothing 0 07-18-2016 11:42 AM
new guy from central ny bigpete1 New Members Welcome Area 12 10-28-2010 07:38 PM
D&D fat cat hollow sound Sancho Intake and Exhaust 0 07-19-2010 01:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome