Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week, 2019 - Road Glide Forums
Road Trip Discussions/Stories/Pictures Show your trips here!

 7Likes
  • 1 Post By Lets Ride NC
  • 1 Post By duglauraflht
  • 1 Post By Freaky
  • 1 Post By woverby
  • 2 Post By woverby
  • 1 Post By woverby
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 401
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Myrtle Beach Spring Bike Week, 2019

Hello All,

My brother and I are headed to Myrtle Beach this May for Bike Week. I expect it to be an interesting ride. We are taking our time. I am meeting him in Tunica Mississippi for one night of debauchery at the Hollywood Casino, followed by a night at the Iron Horse Lodge in Robbinsville, NC near the "Tail of the Dragon". We will be in Myrtle Beach most of the week.

Does anyone have any recommended "Dos or Don'ts" while in Myrtle Beach? Any must see or must attend locations?

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 42
lots of places for fuckery and shenanigans.... on the south end beaver bar and SBB are always interesting.....broken spokes always has great music.... on the north end Captain Archies is one of my favorite spots for an adult beverage....Harleys is a good time... unless your 81 i would shy away from beer 30.....just say'n.... to go north and south use hwy 31, unless you like sitting in traffic. Charleston is a good day trip, Reds Ice house there is very good time.
duglauraflht likes this.
Lets Ride NC is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 401
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets Ride NC View Post
lots of places for fuckery and shenanigans.... on the south end beaver bar and SBB are always interesting.....broken spokes always has great music.... on the north end Captain Archies is one of my favorite spots for an adult beverage....Harleys is a good time... unless your 81 i would shy away from beer 30.....just say'n.... to go north and south use hwy 31, unless you like sitting in traffic. Charleston is a good day trip, Reds Ice house there is very good time.
Thanks for the info!

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:35 PM
Member
 
duglauraflht's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Gettysburg, Pa.
Posts: 760
Garage
Check out Sundown grill in Surfside beach..Near my Uncle's house, usually on the golf cart for a few cold ones...
Dead dogs in Murrels inlet is another great place.
Freaky likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. 2004 EGS/Rineharts/BB/AndrewsCams/SESPT/ 10" Yaffee Bars RevTec21's/AlpineHU/BT4180/BT7.1 pros/Hertz for the Soul..
duglauraflht is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:10 AM
Grey beard
 
Freaky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,480
If you like cigars and you are down in the Inlet area, there's a cool little shack on the marsh walk with a guy selling some of his blend, pretty good stuff. He use to roll his own for you while you waited, but he no longer does that. If you want some good sea food with a great view of the marsh and no craziness during bike week, check out Graham's Landing or another good place for some good sea food is The Hot Fish Club.
duglauraflht likes this.
Freaky is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 401
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Quote:
Originally Posted by duglauraflht View Post
Check out Sundown grill in Surfside beach..Near my Uncle's house, usually on the golf cart for a few cold ones...
Dead dogs in Murrels inlet is another great place.
Thanks!
duglauraflht likes this.

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 401
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky View Post
If you like cigars and you are down in the Inlet area, there's a cool little shack on the marsh walk with a guy selling some of his blend, pretty good stuff. He use to roll his own for you while you waited, but he no longer does that. If you want some good sea food with a great view of the marsh and no craziness during bike week, check out Graham's Landing or another good place for some good sea food is The Hot Fish Club.
Thanks Freaky!
Freaky and duglauraflht like this.

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 401
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Mother's Day at Myrtle Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by woverby View Post
Hello All,

My brother and I are headed to Myrtle Beach this May for Bike Week. I expect it to be an interesting ride. We are taking our time. I am meeting him in Tunica Mississippi for one night of debauchery at the Hollywood Casino, followed by a night at the Iron Horse Lodge in Robbinsville, NC near the "Tail of the Dragon". We will be in Myrtle Beach most of the week.

Does anyone have any recommended "Dos or Don'ts" while in Myrtle Beach? Any must see or must attend locations?
My wife commented this week that I will be in Myrtle Beach on Mother's Day. I really don't think it helped when I responded, "Oh, should I stop at a couple strip joints to support unwed mothers then?" Wrong answer !
Freaky likes this.

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arnott Motorcycle Division Joins Bruce Rossmeyer at Upcoming Daytona Bike Week ArnottInc Suspensions 0 03-04-2015 03:51 PM
Another Bike Week Video FloridaFLTRU Videos 6 03-19-2014 09:15 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome