Wow, trees in Texas?
I used to live in Wichita, now near Kerrville. I came down here annually for the weekend.
First off, stay off I35 south of Dallas. Come down US281 or TX16.
1. Go to Llano and eat lunch or dinner at Coopers BBQ.
2. Fredricksburg is a great shopping place for the Wife, and Lukenbach is just a few miles away, Have a beer under the big tree.
3. Once in the area, stop and get a free Biker road map. Ride the Three Sisters, 335, 336, 337, around Leakey (pronounced Lakey).
4. Call me and I'll ride with you.
5. Have a beer at Toucan Jims in Center Point, on TX27, about 10 miles from Kerrville.
6. Ride TX 16 from Fredricksburg to Kerrville to Medina, then head to Leakey.
7. Eat a good burger and see a nice old collection of motorcycles at the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum on 187 near Vanderpool.
As for camping, I can offer you a safe place for a night, but dont know any campgrounds. In Fredricksburg, the Super 8 is a good safe place.
Other towns to ride through would be Sisterdale, Bandera, and Hunt.
Pm me for my phone number.
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App