Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - Shark Week Donation for Battlefield Restoration
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
HUTMO
Administrator

Garage
Shark Week Donation for Battlefield Restoration

Due to the amount of tickets sold at the Flag Dedication Dinner Shark Week produced some revenue after paying off any event cost.

A donation of 150.00 was made to the Gettysburg National Military Park in the name of Roadglide.org. The money will be earmarked for Battlefield Restoration/preservation.

Below in blue is the text of the letter that was sent with the donation. I have also snapped a picture of the check and the letter.

With that said I am happy to report that we will have a fund balance of nearly 250.00 left over that can be applied to 2012. I also have a small number of the pins and will offer them for sale in the very near future. Keep an eye out.

July 22, 2011

Gettysburg National Military Park
1195 Baltimore Pike
Gettysburg, PA 17325

Subject: Donation for Gettysburg Battlefield Preservation

Dear Lisa Orendorff,

The Roadglide.org Motorcycle forum held its first national rally (Shark Week 2011) in Gettysburg from July 14 through the 17th. Over sixty individuals from our group not only toured the beautiful roads that surround Gettysburg but many of the visitors took the time to visit the National Military Park. The membership of our group had nothing but very positive things to say about Gettysburg, the National Park and the beautiful new visitors center.

On the evening of July 14th, our group had a banquet at the Pike Restaurant and Lounge. While there the group sold tickets for the opportunity to win donations from the sponsors of our forum. We decided to donate a portion of this money to assist the preservation of the historic battlefield at Gettysburg.

Enclosed is a check for 150.00 from the membership of www.roadglide.org.

Best regards

Christopher B. Hutter
Event Coordinator

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome