Sat 9/3 - Roll To The Mecca - HD Rally - Milwaukee - Road Glide Forums
Organize Rides Here Use this space to organize a Glide Ride in you area!

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,091
Garage
Sat 9/3 - Roll To The Mecca - HD Rally - Milwaukee

Alright Ladies, lets make THIS one happen as old Ma Nature seems to (at this point) be in a riding mood on Saturday - I have a few neighbors that want to roll and I am sure @BH#103 and a few others from here will join as we head North to Packerland and meet @killintime and few others - I know some of you want to roll on Sunday and if that is best for you, be good, be safe and ride hard - I have to knock this one out on Sat - Most likely we will just super slab it up 94 and I would like to roll out by about 9a which gets us up there and parked by 10a-10:30a so we can check shit out before it gets too crowded - Also, once we get tired of standing around and looking at shit, we can head West on some Wisc backroads (KT, looking at you here pal) and get some riding in.

So, unlike Uncle Fuzzy's run, Viagra is optional here but let's see who is up for a run North - I'll think of a meet spot off 94 somewhere (Lake Forest Oasis just North of 60?) at like 8:45a so we can roll by 9a and make a day of it.

http://www.milwaukeerally.com

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -

Last edited by SteadyEddie; 08-30-2016 at 08:56 AM.
SteadyEddie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:17 AM
Life Member
 
Bleachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southside of Indianapolis
Posts: 1,552
Garage
3 hrs and 45 minutes without stops and doing the speed limit to your meeting point from my house....I'm an hour ahead of you so that would be a 530am departure to give me time for 1 fill the tank/empty the bladder stop......hmmmmmmmmmmm

2011 Road Glide Ultra
Bleachey is online now  
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,091
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleachey View Post
3 hrs and 45 minutes without stops and doing the speed limit to your meeting point from my house....I'm an hour ahead of you so that would be a 530am departure to give me time for 1 fill the tank/empty the bladder stop......hmmmmmmmmmmm
We can push it by (30) mins if ya like man? - Roll out by 9:30a or so from somewhere up here?

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -
SteadyEddie is offline  
 
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Life Member
 
Bleachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southside of Indianapolis
Posts: 1,552
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
We can push it by (30) mins if ya like man? - Roll out by 9:30a or so from somewhere up here?
No reason to change plans for me. Rolling at 0530 wont be an issue if I decide to make this happen, I'm usually out the door before 0600 on a daily basis anyways. Let me think on this. Headed south to Paducah area in a few weeks so will have to review the play money situation to make sure it's doable. Any reccomendations on a decent, fairly safe hotel close to our ending spot for the day? Don't think I would want to make the run back home that night.

2011 Road Glide Ultra
Bleachey is online now  
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,091
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleachey View Post
No reason to change plans for me. Rolling at 0530 wont be an issue if I decide to make this happen, I'm usually out the door before 0600 on a daily basis anyways. Let me think on this. Headed south to Paducah area in a few weeks so will have to review the play money situation to make sure it's doable. Any reccomendations on a decent, fairly safe hotel close to our ending spot for the day? Don't think I would want to make the run back home that night.
No idea man - Check out the link I provided for Lodging - That will be close to the Rally so you can roll back home in the a.m from there - After the Rally, I had pretty much thought most would just be rolling to their own beds......dig the fact that you are thinking of putting in the miles to meet us though man - Good on ya !!

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -
SteadyEddie is offline  
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:07 AM
Life Member
 
Bleachey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Southside of Indianapolis
Posts: 1,552
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
No idea man - Check out the link I provided for Lodging - That will be close to the Rally so you can roll back home in the a.m from there - After the Rally, I had pretty much thought most would just be rolling to their own beds......dig the fact that you are thinking of putting in the miles to meet us though man - Good on ya !!
Oh, you had mentioned something about riding West after spending some time at the rally, so didn't know the logistics of the plan or where we would end up. Virgin territory up there for me and I like to get first hand reports of the areas beforehand. Have been burnt a few times relying on online reviews and ended up places where I felt like I had to post a fire watch all night......and i have pretty low standards so they were rough.

2011 Road Glide Ultra
Bleachey is online now  
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,091
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleachey View Post
Oh, you had mentioned something about riding West after spending some time at the rally, so didn't know the logistics of the plan or where we would end up. Virgin territory up there for me and I like to get first hand reports of the areas beforehand. Have been burnt a few times relying on online reviews and ended up places where I felt like I had to post a fire watch all night......and i have pretty low standards so they were rough.
Shit, my bad man - Had not even considered out of town guest for this - The Roll West thing was just an idea for those (like me) who get tired of standing around and want to ride - I know there are some okay country roads West of Milwaukee so just threw out the idea

If you want to look for Hotels close to the suggested meet spot, I know there are some up there as many large Corps are HQ'd that way - Thinking of meeting at the Lake Forest Oasis off Interstate 94 just North of Townline Rd....better known as Hwy 60

https://www.google.com/maps/search/l...!3m1!4b1?hl=en

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -
SteadyEddie is offline  
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Grey beard
 
killintime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jefferson, Wi
Posts: 1,357
How do you feel about meeting up at Wisconsin Hd in Oconomowoc Wisconsin Harley-Davidson® | Selling new and preowned Harley Davidson® Motorcycles and MotorClothes® in Oconomowoc, WI | Parts and servicing offered | Prouldy serving our neighbors in Milwakuee and Waukesha We can check the scene and then meander the Kettle Moraine towards Hals Hal's Harley-Davidson® Dealer in New Berlin Wisconsin | New & Used Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles | Bike Parts & Services Berlin WI, Milwaukee WI, Kenosha WI, Chicago IL. from there we can either go to House of Harley House of Harley-Davidson or head north and make a run to Holy hill https://www.holyhill.com/ Not necessarily to go to church, but to enjoy the beautiful roads and scenery. Head back towards the city and Milwaukee HD Milwaukee Harley-Davidson is located in Milwaukee, WI. Shop our large online inventory.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives
killintime is offline  
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
SteadyEddie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,091
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by killintime View Post
How do you feel about meeting up at Wisconsin Hd in Oconomowoc Wisconsin Harley-Davidson® | Selling new and preowned Harley Davidson® Motorcycles and MotorClothes® in Oconomowoc, WI | Parts and servicing offered | Prouldy serving our neighbors in Milwakuee and Waukesha We can check the scene and then meander the Kettle Moraine towards Hals Hal's Harley-Davidson® Dealer in New Berlin Wisconsin | New & Used Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles | Bike Parts & Services Berlin WI, Milwaukee WI, Kenosha WI, Chicago IL. from there we can either go to House of Harley House of Harley-Davidson or head north and make a run to Holy hill https://www.holyhill.com/ Not necessarily to go to church, but to enjoy the beautiful roads and scenery. Head back towards the city and Milwaukee HD Milwaukee Harley-Davidson is located in Milwaukee, WI. Shop our large online inventory.
You mean blow the Rally off? - Was thinking we could meet you (and others) there and then after we get bored, go ride somewhere.......like the places you listed above - We were just up at Kettle last weekend the we hit up KnuckleHeads.......dig that area up there for sure

- Just Because I Wander Means Not That I am Lost -
SteadyEddie is offline  
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 08-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Hangaround
 
Dirigo74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Mokena Illinois
Posts: 56
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
You mean blow the Rally off? - Was thinking we could meet you (and others) there and then after we get bored, go ride somewhere.......like the places you listed above - We were just up at Kettle last weekend the we hit up KnuckleHeads.......dig that area up there for sure
Would love to go but I'm on kid duty the next two weekends.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Never lower your standards just to raise your average
Dirigo74 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When Rock & Roll was Rock & Roll SteadyEddie General Off-Topic Discussions 85 11-12-2017 02:21 PM
Knucklehead Reunion - Sat July 13th - Milwaukee h-donut Organize Rides Here 1 07-03-2013 02:20 PM
Roll tide roll Big_gary General Off-Topic Discussions 14 01-11-2013 12:42 AM
Audio Sound Contest J&M Trailer MILWAUKEE RALLY JMJOHN J&M 15 11-06-2011 01:03 PM
Milwaukee Rally? TobyJ Organize Rides Here 4 08-09-2010 06:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome