Running and Walking - Road Glide Forums
Healthy Living Encourage, support and participate with others looking to live a healthier lifestyle.

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
Prospect
 
Kabanshee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 210
Running and Walking

I've been a dog park walker for some time but, recently I start up runing and long walking again. I found an app called "Runkeeper" that tracks my runs and walks. If any of you are out hitting the pavement I highly recommend you download this free app.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom
Kabanshee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville,AL
Posts: 280
Me and my wife have been walking our dogs lately. I will check it out. I would like to know how far we are going.....Thanks for the Info.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RGC Vivid Black,Yaffe extended BagsRC Components "Calypso" Chrome wheels,with matching rotors,HHI Stripper Bars,CFR Slip-Ons CAT Removed
Louster47 is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Member
 
maddog69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Southern AB, Canada
Posts: 348
It's kind of neat how it works my wife has been using it for over a year. She loves it I've been walking with when I'm home. Cool how it gives your time and speed. Everyday she pushes her pace a bit more and goes a little further.
maddog69 is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Prospect
 
Kabanshee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog69 View Post
It's kind of neat how it works my wife has been using it for over a year. She loves it I've been walking with when I'm home. Cool how it gives your time and speed. Everyday she pushes her pace a bit more and goes a little further.
Totally! It's addicting like that. I have such an addictive personality that it makes me try to better my previous run and in the end I'm seeing great results. And she even has a sexy voice.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom
Kabanshee is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 08:23 AM
Life Member
 
Jay2Beers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Texas - Texoma
Posts: 1,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabanshee View Post
I've been a dog park walker for some time but, recently I start up runing and long walking again. I found an app called "Runkeeper" that tracks my runs and walks. If any of you are out hitting the pavement I highly recommend you download this free app.
That's what works for me - been using it for almost two years now,... Also use endomondo, same type of app I think I like it better .... None the less these apps are cool! Glad I'm not one of those worried about big brother watching,... GPS and all. Lol


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'13 Blk RGC crs/abs/sec 103 Stg2 255cam-plus D&D Boss Fatcat SE Super Tuner. Klockwerks 12", Blk 10"Chubby w/Blk Get-A-Grips. Skunked Day Maker. CD GEN2001157Amber/Wht Front & Red Rear Smoke Lens w/Magic Strobe & bits more, Always a WIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jay2Beers is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
Prospect
 
Kabanshee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 210
Thumbs up

Thought I'd share my accomplishments since I started this road to health and wellness at 5'6" and 244 pds on Dec. 19th. I went through two yrs. of feeling sorry for myself while I watched my mom pass from a brain tumor at 65 yo. I finally made the decision to piss instead of getting off the pot and not caring. Whether your overweight or just out of shape make the decision to do your part in prolonging your health and wellness. Nobody else is going to be of help unless you wanna help yourself make that change.

http://runkeeper.com/home

To date:

186 pds. still 5'6"
Size 40" waist to 34".
Month of April:
Ran or walked a total of 80 miles through 17 activities.
Burn a total of 10,211 calories w/1252 cals in one session.
Ran a total elevation of 2,851 ft.
Total time spent running or walking this month 19:59:13 hrs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom
Kabanshee is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Member
 
SpringerTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Waldorf, Maryland
Posts: 436
Thumbs up

Congratulations! Great results, I'm downloading this one now!
You mean it won't make me taller????
Thanks Kabanshee!
-ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabanshee View Post
Thought I'd share my accomplishments since I started this road to health and wellness at 5'6" and 244 pds on Dec. 19th. I went through two yrs. of feeling sorry for myself while I watched my mom pass from a brain tumor at 65 yo. I finally made the decision to piss instead of getting off the pot and not caring. Whether your overweight or just out of shape make the decision to do your part in prolonging your health and wellness. Nobody else is going to be of help unless you wanna help yourself make that change.

http://runkeeper.com/home

To date:

186 pds. still 5'6"
Size 40" waist to 34".
Month of April:
Ran or walked a total of 80 miles through 17 activities.
Burn a total of 10,211 calories w/1252 cals in one session.
Ran a total elevation of 2,851 ft.
Total time spent running or walking this month 19:59:13 hrs.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thank a Vet for your freedom!
God Bless America!!
2009 FLTRI Dark Blue Pearl "Stormy"Zippers Performance 107" Sport Build, Bub 7: 2 into 1, RSD Turbine, TMax 125/125, 2002 FXSTSI "Justine" Springer Custom, lots of goodies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SpringerTodd is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Prospect
 
Kabanshee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 210
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerTodd View Post
Congratulations! Great results, I'm downloading this one now!
You mean it won't make me taller????
Thanks Kabanshee!
-ST
Unfortunatly not my friend. You will like the APP.

Good walk today a 4.3 miles and 1 hour and 18 minutes.

time for the nightshift!!!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom
Kabanshee is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Prospect
 
Kabanshee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver,Washington
Posts: 210
Thumbs up

Took advantage of the 70 deg. great weather I can't ride in until tomorrow when I get my 1K tune-up. Went on a great 10 mi. run in 1 hr. 50 min. and burnt 1457 cals. Time to go out and reward myself with a Killer Burger peanut butter and pickle hamburger.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom
Kabanshee is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 AM
Member
 
jack6hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Pa
Posts: 333
Unlike many here. My dog walks me. No chance to sit on couch too long with him. He grabs his leash and sits in front of me and stares. He has a very imposing stare (Doberman). This is a good thing for me as well as him. Since getting this dog I have dropped 30 lbs. Usually for an hour and many times twice a day.

2013 FLTRX , 107", 10.5 comp, T-Man 625 Cam, SE 110 Hillside Heads, 58mm S&S Throttle Hog, VP92, 2-1 Patriot SS Exh. PV, SE Heavy Breather, Madstad, 944's , Detach Tour Pac, Sirius Radio
2015 FXDL 2nd best HD on road
jack6hd is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Just wondering who running radial tires and who is running bias. Pros and cons please scsharp2260 Wheels and Tires 8 08-11-2013 07:20 AM
the WALKING DEAD Neano62 General Off-Topic Discussions 16 02-28-2013 02:38 AM
the WALKING DEAD - Season-2 Neano62 General Off-Topic Discussions 15 11-29-2011 01:39 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome