Road Glide banner

Monotube help...

4K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  Stag556 
#1 ·
Ok, the wording on these instructions are a little goofy. I purchased the 1 to 2 inch drop, if I want to drop 1 1/2 inches how many spacers and or springs do I use? Anyone know? The instructions make it sound like I am adding spacers but that doesnt seem to make sense if I want to lower it.

#2 ·
I'm not sure about 1 1/2" but in my experience and research, I wouldn't go lower than 1". I bottomed out immediately leaving my garage with -2". I called progressive and they proceeded to tell me that -2" is more for show than go. They recommend nothing more than -1" for riding on all types of roads.

Some ppl will say -2" is fine but just figured I'd share my experience. -1" was three c clips and 1 long spring on the bottom.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#21 ·
Had the same problem RD-Glider. Hammered in a SAE slightly larger bit and hit it with the impact gun. To my luck it came right out.

As for the OP, I'm going -2. But I'm on the light side 170# and I don't care much for my front fender. Maybe it will give me an excuse to dig deep for a new one.

#24 ·
I have always removed, and installed with an air impact. Never an issue, and never a leak.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.