Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: North of Alanta
2015 outer fairing removal - amazingly easy
Removing the fairing is ridiculously easy with the 2015. I was going to take pictures but they're really not needed, it's THAT easy.
1) Remove the speaker grills. They pop right out, just make sure you pry them up from their inner edges (as in the side closest to the gas tank). Using something plastic to pry with is a good idea but I used a regular screwdriver and didn't damage anything.
2) Remove the single torx bolt in each speaker box. It's outboard of the speaker.
3) Remove the bottom torx bolt from the wind deflectors. There's no need to remove the top one.
4) Remove the bolt from each front turn signal.
5) Remove the windshield. No more well nuts, just screws (hallelujah!). At this point the fairing will be fairly loose. I stood in front of it and pressed myself against it.
6) Remove the top (middle?) vent. It pops right off, just give it a good yank up from the front.
7) Unplug the turn signal connections. It is VERY obvious which ones they are. They're just inboard of the two middle windshield screw holes and connect to wires on the inside of the outer fairing.
8) Pull the fairing forward and it comes right off. No more hooks! (hallelujah again!)
I'm working out how to run a hidden antenna and haven't put the fairing all the way back on yet but I'd popped it back on a few times to check clearance of the antenna amp and I'm confident it will go back on as easily as it came off. The expression "famous last words" comes to mind ;-)
Hopefully I'm not repeating anyone else's post about this.
/Edited a little for clarity
Last edited by ScooterTrash; 10-27-2014 at 10:46 AM.