Road Glide banner

Oatman, AZ. and Route 66 .....pics, Post# 2

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  akjeff 
#1 · (Edited)
A few more pics:

Just a word of caution. After leaving Oatman there is a 10mi. stretch on Rt. 66 that is a little dangerous. It would be best to heed the signs. Now, this is no "Deals Gap", but I would show it some respect. The one scenic pic really dosn't begain to show the 5 & 10mph twisties.

Nevadasun & DesertShark

See less See more
#3 ·
I really got to get back out there by your way next year. Just love the terrain and roads. Little bit envious here what with ice storms and rotten snow squalls and just another sad case of PMS. ;) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I snowbird just 1/2 hour away from Oatman , I go there around 2 times a week, I go to Judy's Saloon most times. Anyways I been to Deals Gap and it can't even come close to Route 66 between Oatman and Kingman AZ. IMO the riders that think that the riding on the east side of the USA is great, they should go out west and ride the west coast, The west side of the USA beats the east side hands down, been on both side and most places in between and the west is the best JMO.

#7 ·
Passed That Way Myself.......

Al, I got a chuckle from your post. It made me dig through the computer and find a couple of pic's from about three years ago. Welcome back to the lower 48, hope you get some ride'in time in. Question, the next time I'm in that area is "Golden Shores" worth a look see?

Nevadasun

#6 ·
Interesting info.....

"I snowbird just 1/2 hour away from Oatman , I go there around 2 times a week, I go to Judy's Saloon most times. Anyways I been to Deals Gap and it can't even come close to Route 66 between Oatman and Kingman AZ. IMO the riders that think that the riding on the east side of the USA is great, they should go out west and ride the west coast, The west side of the USA beats the east side hands down, been on both side and most places in between and the west is the best JMO."

I saw Judy's Saloon but didn't go in, as you can tell by the pic's we had lunch at the Oatman Hotel. Food was actually "pretty good".

I've never ridden back east, i.e. Deals Gap and other places. The way everyone talked I felt I was really missing something. Although I was born in the midwest (Kansas) I have been out west for so long I really consider myself a Southwest kind of person. IMO, there is very little that can compare to the high desert roads of Nevada, Utah and Arizona. We have a spring ride planned for Lake Powell at Page, AZ then on to Monument Valley, Ut. It's three days and two nights on the road, about 760mi. This fall we will try to make the "Four Corners Run".

#8 ·
"I snowbird just 1/2 hour away from Oatman , I go there around 2 times a week, I go to Judy's Saloon most times. Anyways I been to Deals Gap and it can't even come close to Route 66 between Oatman and Kingman AZ. IMO the riders that think that the riding on the east side of the USA is great, they should go out west and ride the west coast, The west side of the USA beats the east side hands down, been on both side and most places in between and the west is the best JMO."

I saw Judy's Saloon but didn't go in, as you can tell by the pic's we had lunch at the Oatman Hotel. Food was actually "pretty good".

I've never ridden back east, i.e. Deals Gap and other places. The way everyone talked I felt I was really missing something. Although I was born in the midwest (Kansas) I have been out west for so long I really consider myself a Southwest kind of person. IMO, there is very little that can compare to the high desert roads of Nevada, Utah and Arizona. We have a spring ride planned for Lake Powell at Page, AZ then on to Monument Valley, Ut. It's three days and two nights on the road, tabout 760mi. This fall we will try to make the "Four Corners Run".
Totally agree. For my money, it doesn't get much prettier than southern Utah. Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, etc. I'm reliving some time I spent out there in '09. I need to get back out there.

I remember a particularly memorable experience in Mexican Hat. All the hotels in town were full. One of the owners put us up in an old teepee made out of stucco that he had on the lot. That was at the Mexican Hat Lodge, turned out to be a very cool night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.