Road Glide banner

Compass or Clock

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  piggs 
#1 ·
I've looked around and read places but can not find a clock or compass that might fit into the ambient temp gauge hole in the fairing? anyone know of one? I'm pulling the fairing next week, so it would be an opportune time to switch.

#2 ·
There's a clock on the radio and by looking at a smartphone or GPS, or even the sun you can tell where you are. I'd recommend get the oil temp sensor because that's more important on an air cooled bike I would say :)

#3 ·
OK, youre right. I know, I can oil temp gauge and install it. I'd still like to know about a clock/compass. that clock in the radio is useless to me, cant see what it says most the time. yes, smart phone/gps but knowing direction, 'on the fly' helps my general navigational perceptions. I do not mount any electronic devices on a regular basis. and yes, I get lost once in a while but have found some good 'out of the way' places because of it..

#5 ·
I have found that the best thing about riding is that I don't care about what the time is because it goes too fast anyways. Getting lost and finding a different riding adventure is beneficial too.

+1 on the oil temp gauge it will help you monitor your bike a bit more and it will give you something else to worry about.

#7 ·
#9 ·
The MoCo came out with an electronic compass for a year or two in '06 or so,

'Had one installed in the '05 SEEG, never would work, worthless, Dealer gave me a refund...

#10 ·
don't know what EMFs are but will bet one of those Es is for 'electronic' and electronic and compass (magnet) aren't happy together.. 10 4 on the MoCos version... if it worked theyd still have it.

I guess oil temp gauge it is..

thanks for the input... oil temp...suggestions on the least painful way to go?:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.