Road Glide banner

Madstad too tall?

4K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  TRUBlue 
#1 · (Edited)
When I bought my shield I was convinced I needed a 14.5", after a few thousand miles, I think I'd be better off with a 13", still have a lot of adjustment where I normally set it.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone wish they'd have gotten a taller one?

Anyone have a 13" and want to swap for a 14.5"? Found someone to swap with.

#4 ·
I have a 2006, which has a lower fairing by 1.5" than 2010 and newer. I sit on a Mustang Regal touring seat. My Madstad is a 14.5". I think it is lower than my 13" Windvest when set at its lowest setting. At its highest, I am looking through it. I think it is very versatile, perfect for me.

#5 ·
When I bought my shield I was convinced I needed a 14.5", after a few thousand miles, I think I'd be better off with a 13", still have a lot of adjustment where I normally set it.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Anyone wish they'd have gotten a taller one?

Anyone have a 13" and want to swap for a 14.5"?
I have a 13" bronze shield I would trade for your 14.5". What shade is it?:D

#6 ·
Thanks for the offer but I'd like to stay with a gray if possible. Not sure the bronze would match up well to my BBP paint. I do see where I can get a replacement shield from CeeBailey's cheaper than Madstad. May have to actually buy one at which point I'd sell the one I have. Unfortunately they are only available in 13" & 16" which is good for me, doesn't help you.

#8 ·
It may have been at one time, I couldn't say. However it's 60 days now.

From their website:

MADSTAD SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Drive our system for 60 days. If you're not happy then we're not happy, simple as that, and you can return your MadStad adjustable windshield system for a refund of the purchase price (less shipping charges). We understand that motorcycle comfort and wind protection is a personal thing, so you have to make sure our system is right for you. (Chances are it will only take 60 seconds, not 60 days to put a smile on your face!)

#9 ·
I could have been wrong! I just remembered it being a decent return policy.

I have a 13" medium, it was to tall for me for regular riding so I got an 11, I would be willing to trade for yours and I would use it in the winter for more wind protection, mine has about 9k miles on it but its in pretty-very good shape, no major scratches

#17 ·
You were saying you could get a replacement shield from CeeBaileys for cheaper than a Madstad and I pointed out that CeeBaileys would cut one down for free if you don't like the size they offer.

#18 ·
Yep, I understand. I didn't know that so thanks for commenting. CeeBaileys is good stuff, I had one for a while, best look of all the ones I've tried, just very loud when it came to wind noise. TRSSC Dome I think it was.

#19 ·

Anyone have a 13" and want to swap for a 14.5"?
I have a 13" Dark Grey shield. It measures 12 inches from bottom to top in the center of the shield.

It is used but good condition.

Let me know if this interests you for a swap.

Here is my installation thread - starting at post #21.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=31955

#22 ·
WILLIAMJRDN glad it'll work out.

I'm swapping with y2kflhr.

Everybody wins, great forum.

In the "for what it's worth" category, Madstad replied via email that I could cut the current shield down or drill 4 new holes up and inch or so. I think swapping is a better idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.