Slip Ons - Rinehart vs Rush - Road Glide Forums
Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 02:48 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
maverick1five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 29
Slip Ons - Rinehart vs Rush

Hey everyone,

Reaching out to get some opinions here. I am slowly upgrading my '16 RGS, starting with adding some slip on mufflers, and I have narrowed it down to two potential options; Rinehart 4" slip ons and Rush Big Louie 4". I have been digging around threads for some information, but can only seem to find info that was posted several years ago. So I was hoping you guys could give some "up to date" opinions/experiences on the matter. Looking for something with a fairly deep thump to it, but not annoying while cruising a couple hundred miles in a day.

For reference, I will eventually be replacing the stock head pipes with aftermarket ones, and when I do so, I will be adding a heavy breather, tuner, and eventually cams.

Appreciate the help in advance.
maverick1five is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 10:07 AM
Hangaround
 
VinceM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 132
Garage
I have both, the Rineharts are on my Road King. The Rush have a wrapped fiber baffle while the Rineharts are all steel. There is a thread a couple posts down showing the Riney baffles out. The nice thing about the Rush is that you have more baffle options and end tip choices, they make a baffle setup for leaving the cat head pipe in place and then later you can swap baffles when you put on a head pipe. Baffles are real easy to change. I am running 2 1/2" baffles that sound great and tuned right up with my power vision. I also ran 2 1/4" that I think gave me a little more bottom end but I like the sound of the bigger baffle. They are both quality products and you can't go wrong with either one.
ckeown58 likes this.
VinceM is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 10:10 AM
Life Member
 
Road dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1five View Post
Hey everyone,

Reaching out to get some opinions here. I am slowly upgrading my '16 RGS, starting with adding some slip on mufflers, and I have narrowed it down to two potential options; Rinehart 4" slip ons and Rush Big Louie 4". I have been digging around threads for some information, but can only seem to find info that was posted several years ago. So I was hoping you guys could give some "up to date" opinions/experiences on the matter. Looking for something with a fairly deep thump to it, but not annoying while cruising a couple hundred miles in a day.

For reference, I will eventually be replacing the stock head pipes with aftermarket ones, and when I do so, I will be adding a heavy breather, tuner, and eventually cams.

Appreciate the help in advance.
There's actually a pretty good video on youtube where they compare those two mufflers and a few others on the same bike for you to compare sound if you want to do a sound comparison.

When all else fails, hell there is always beer!
Road dawg is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Member
 
bless0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 474
Garage
What are your main reasons for going with either the Rinehart or Rush 4" slipons. Is it look or sound? The reason I ask is I have a 15 RGS with rush power duels and Rinehart 4" slip ons. While they sound better than stock and look better, I am not crazy about how they sound. they have a metallic like hollow sound is the best way I can describe it. My friend has a 14 Street Glide special and he installed American Custom Bomber series pipes with their extended end caps and their decatted stock header and it sounds amazing. Check out their website. You can get slipons, end caps and decatted headers cheaper than just Rinehart slipons.
Just my opinion LOL

https://www.americancustom.com/
bless0 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Member
 
Ironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Midwest Chicago suburbs
Posts: 321
I have the Rush Big Louieís and really like the look and sound. Price is good also.
Good luck with your decision

Ironhorse 2015 RGS Vivid Black
Ironhorse is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Life Member
 
Road dawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 2,277
I had the 4 inch rineharts IMO they didn't sound as good as the 3.5 version, after my accident, I replaced them with MGS customs and never regretted it once, I will say the best sound of any mufflers I owned, I love them.

When all else fails, hell there is always beer!
Road dawg is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
maverick1five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road dawg View Post
I had the 4 inch rineharts IMO they didn't sound as good as the 3.5 version, after my accident, I replaced them with MGS customs and never regretted it once, I will say the best sound of any mufflers I owned, I love them.
Do they have their own custom slip-ons? On their website I can only find their head pipes, and then other manufactures mufflers.
maverick1five is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
maverick1five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bless0 View Post
What are your main reasons for going with either the Rinehart or Rush 4" slipons. Is it look or sound? The reason I ask is I have a 15 RGS with rush power duels and Rinehart 4" slip ons. While they sound better than stock and look better, I am not crazy about how they sound. they have a metallic like hollow sound is the best way I can describe it. My friend has a 14 Street Glide special and he installed American Custom Bomber series pipes with their extended end caps and their decatted stock header and it sounds amazing. Check out their website. You can get slipons, end caps and decatted headers cheaper than just Rinehart slipons.
Just my opinion LOL

https://www.americancustom.com/
I like the look and sound of both, but Iím always open to other options.
maverick1five is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
maverick1five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 29
Just wanted to close the loop here - I ended up going with Rinehart 4 inch slip ons with chrome end caps. The deciding factor was that my dad's Rinehart slimline duals on his CVO split a weld about a week ago, and Rinehart replaced them with no questions asked even since they were out of warranty. I figured that kind of customer service was enough to earn my business.

Still have a lot of upgrades to go, but slowly but surely getting there. In the mean time, I just have to wait 3 months for the custom license plate to come in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0112.jpg (3.67 MB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0113.jpg (3.28 MB, 49 views)
maverick1five is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2018, 07:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: slc ut.
Posts: 561
the cfr sounds good with a cat in the header-to load with full system.rinehart and rc components are about the same.i have a set of each.
diesel5 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rinehart Slip ons vs. True Duals overbeck Intake and Exhaust 6 04-22-2014 10:18 PM
Rinehart tru duals vs slip-ons jeffbeck96 Intake and Exhaust 1 02-11-2014 12:12 AM
Rush slip ons ChromeYellow67 Sold 9 12-09-2012 10:43 AM
Rush slip ons coryo Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 5 09-04-2012 03:20 PM
Rush slip-ons on my '08 RG ybnorml *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 8 10-26-2009 04:06 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome