Black mufflers - Road Glide Forums
Intake and Exhaust Intake and Exhaust Systems for Road Glides

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,012
Garage
Black mufflers

I picked up a RGS and thinking about what I'm gonna do for exhaust. I have black exhaust on V&H pipes on my Dyna and had black power duals on the Street Glide I traded in on the Road Glide.

I seems like the OE Harley heat shields have a much better coating on them so I'm thinking about going with Jackpot header and reuse the OE heat shields.

I like V&H products, but there black exhaust is not the same color. So is there is there a black muffler out there that matches the coating on the heat shields?
craigffb is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Grey beard
 
lil chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 973
Garage
I have the FM 2-1-2 ceramic coated head pipe, and I put the black SE shields on mine. From there I took the innards out of my White Bros e-series mufflers and had them ceramic coated. The match to the heat shields is pretty much spot on. Check with your local powder coater, most of them do ceramic coating as well, and see if they can match it.

Lil Chief

Famous Last Words: "Watch Me!"

2015 Denim Black RG, FM ss ceramic coated 2-1-2 pipe, White Bros Original E Series Mufflers, FM ac, PV Tuner
lil chief is offline  
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,948
i love how people say 'check with your local x.....' i know you have no way of knowing, but i don't have a local x. we got a walmart and a dollar general. the closest hd dealer is 60 miles one way. i'm sure i could find an x in houston, but that's 3 hours away.

okay.... rant over. just jealous is all
RGKen likes this.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is offline  
 
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,012
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
i love how people say 'check with your local x.....' i know you have no way of knowing, but i don't have a local x. we got a walmart and a dollar general. the closest hd dealer is 60 miles one way. i'm sure i could find an x in houston, but that's 3 hours away.

okay.... rant over. just jealous is all
LOL. In this case I don't have a local x either. We use to have one a couple different times but they keep closing shop.
craigffb is online now  
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:16 PM
Life Member
 
smitty901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 2,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
I picked up a RGS and thinking about what I'm gonna do for exhaust. I have black exhaust on V&H pipes on my Dyna and had black power duals on the Street Glide I traded in on the Road Glide.

I seems like the OE Harley heat shields have a much better coating on them so I'm thinking about going with Jackpot header and reuse the OE heat shields.

I like V&H products, but there black exhaust is not the same color. So is there is there a black muffler out there that matches the coating on the heat shields?
Not to everyone's liking because it is HD . I had HD night sticks on my 2013 and liked them colors of black look good with the HD ceramic black heat shields. little pig spit now and then kept pipes and shields looking great. I added 2 disks to each side to get the tune I wanted. Under those heat shields are Fuel moto 2-1-2 ceramic heads
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1309.JPG (1.23 MB, 48 views)


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smitty901 is offline  
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:31 PM
Grey beard
 
lil chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 973
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
i love how people say 'check with your local x.....' i know you have no way of knowing, but i don't have a local x. we got a walmart and a dollar general. the closest hd dealer is 60 miles one way. i'm sure i could find an x in houston, but that's 3 hours away.

okay.... rant over. just jealous is all
Yeah I guess I didn't think about that part of it. We are lucky to have a helluva powder coating business here in my area, so it's actually saved me quite a bit of coin by getting chrome factory and aftermarket parts powdercoated or ceramic coated.

Lil Chief

Famous Last Words: "Watch Me!"

2015 Denim Black RG, FM ss ceramic coated 2-1-2 pipe, White Bros Original E Series Mufflers, FM ac, PV Tuner
lil chief is offline  
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:53 PM
Grey beard
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: St. Paul, Mn.
Posts: 1,449
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil chief View Post
Yeah I guess I didn't think about that part of it. We are lucky to have a helluva powder coating business here in my area, so it's actually saved me quite a bit of coin by getting chrome factory and aftermarket parts powdercoated or ceramic coated.

Lil Chief
Which powder coating shop is that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

" 4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul"

2015 Road Glide Special "Amber Whiskey"
Buzzy is offline  
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,012
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty901 View Post
Not to everyone's liking because it is HD . I had HD night sticks on my 2013 and liked them colors of black look good with the HD ceramic black heat shields. little pig spit now and then kept pipes and shields looking great. I added 2 disks to each side to get the tune I wanted. Under those heat shields are Fuel moto 2-1-2 ceramic heads
Yeah, I was kind of thinking I might have to do some type of HD mufflers to match the heat shields, but was hoping maybe someone has already been down this road.
craigffb is online now  
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Grey beard
 
lil chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 973
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
Which powder coating shop is that?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It's called Trail Performance. They are located in Papillion, Nebraska, which is a suburb of Omaha.

Lil Chief

Famous Last Words: "Watch Me!"

2015 Denim Black RG, FM ss ceramic coated 2-1-2 pipe, White Bros Original E Series Mufflers, FM ac, PV Tuner
lil chief is offline  
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 1,012
Garage
Well the only muffler HD has that will work on the M8 is the Street Cannons......they don't sound to good.
craigffb is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CVO Mufflers vs Stock Mufflers hittman Intake and Exhaust 7 11-04-2012 08:11 PM
Vand and Hines True Duals and Indy series Mufflers (Black) Orange09Glide Intake and Exhaust 1 10-03-2011 08:51 PM
F/S Rinehart 3.5 inch black mufflers RoadGlide0611 Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 7 05-23-2011 10:45 PM
Rhinehart slip-ons black mufflers Sincecrazy Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 0 01-10-2011 09:30 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome