Road Glide banner

Disk error

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  crossbonesglide 
#1 ·
Had my Road Glide's 5000 mile service done. When I picked it up the radio didn't work and gave a disk error 1 message. The only thing that works is the FM channel, no AM, CD, or weather band. I pointed this out and they thought it might be water and need to dry out. I went for a ride and tride to play a CD. The CD popped right out everytime with the same error message. There was a second disk error 31 or 33 message that flashed briefly but it troubled me so I went back and left it at the service department. Could they have soaked the radio so badly it's ruined?

#2 ·
5000 mile service. sounds like a warranty issue. just remember, if they decide to replace it, it will be with a refurbished unit. so, you may want to inspect it before they install it. have heard of people getting units back with the lettering worn off, etc.

#3 ·
The moco should have made a better deal with Harmon Karden, but now they don't have to worry about it too much longer, because of the transition to the "Infotainment" system. My unit works just fine, but I'm waiting for it to go. When that happens, I'm just going to install a better head unit.

#8 ·
Hk repairs

Do not allow the dealer to have your radio repaired. They will send the unit into the moco service center to be exchanged with another unit that you don't know the history of. This comes from personal experience as I got one back that was 5 years older and still broken. Call Iron Cross Audio. They will repair your unit and have the ability to add features. They have fantastic turn around and a warranty on their work. They are the true experts on the HK unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.