Road Glide banner

Zumo 665 or Satellite Radio Kit

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  lvyper876 
#1 ·
So from research I think the only way to get use out of the handlebar controls is to use the Boom! Audio XM Satellite Radio Kit 76404-06? Was looking into the Zumo 665 76000014A with the satellite option, but doesn't seem like it gives me any advantage over using my phone that I have plugged into the AUX input?

Thanks in advance

#3 ·
My Zumo 650 has been to hell and back; uber reliable. I have a Sirius Satellite radio with a car kit that I Velcro to my dash and connect using the aux jack. I like being able to use it in my truck also where I have a spare antenna and power supply.

#4 ·
I use Sirius off of my phone through the AUX Input. Was looking for an option to be able to use with the handlebar contols with the HK head unit. Don't think the Zumo 665 will do that, may have to go with the Satellite Radio Kit I suppose.

#6 ·
My Zumo 665 have been on my bikes since 2009. I have a Hawg Wired amp for my system so I can hear just fine though the aux port. I use the M3 Player more than the Sirius option as I was having issues with getting a good signal with Sat,

No complaints here with the sumo plus I like the routing options that are available.

#8 ·
I have the Sirius plug and play for the stock sterio. I have absolutely no complaints. Gets great signal, controlls with stock setup, and I added an amp with focal speakers and it sounds amazing!!! Crystal clear and VERY loud. I have not tried the other radio but I wuldnt want to change a thing anyways, love my setup...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.