I've read many threads on the PV but I can't remember these issues. I hope to use mine next week for the first time after stage one and cam install. Thanks for your help.
1. When using auto tune basic do you ride as you normally do as the guy says in the video on the dynojet website or do you vary rpms and speeds in all gears trying to fill as many cells as possible?
2. Fuel Moto sends the PV with a custom map based on your setup. When you first run PV does it automatically save the original map from Harley?
3. When you select a map to auto tune does the PV save the map you are tuning in it's original form and add the newly tuned map as an additional map, similar to save as on a computer?
1. Some people have the idea that you need to fill EVERY cell in the entire map, which in my thinking is pretty much a waste of time. Why do you need to fill the 6000rpm/20map box?? What's the point??
In my thinking, ride normally, and then, because the ECM interpolates the settings for each cell from the cells around it, try to get at least 1 or 2 cells beyond your normal riding if possible.
Basically you'll end up with a box of cells running from the upper left to the lower right of the map when you're done.
2. Yes, the PV will save an copy of whatever is presently loaded in the ECM whether it's the stock map or a stage1 map or whatever. I had used a TTS on my bike before, so I used teh TTS to reload the original, and then started from scratch with the PV. It's a good idea to keep an off line copy of the original on your computer or a USB stick just in case.
3. Each time you do a tune run the PV saves the new map seperately from the one you started with, so if you realize you were using the wrong strategy or whatever after 5 runs you can reload the original and start over.
I wanted to do maps for 87,89, and 91 octane fuels so I started with the map from FuelMoto, did some changes and tuning runs on 87 octane till I was happy, then I went back to the FuelMoto map and started over with 89 octane in the tank. When I'm done with that I'll go to 91 and start over again.
Hope this helps.......