CVO solo vs Mustang wide tripper - Road Glide Forums
Seating: seats, backrests SEATING: seats, backrests for Road Glides

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By wfowill
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,783
Garage
CVO solo vs Mustang wide tripper

Definitely getting a new solo seat. Will be selling my Saddleman Dominator solo.

Anyone been on both of these.

Does the Mustang sit you lower? And back? Does the CVO seat?

The Mustang I designed. Diamond stitch, gun metal insert and gold stitching to match the gold pinstripe on my bike.



I like the look of the CVO too.



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Life Member
 
Swomack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Prosper, Texas
Posts: 6,281
Garage
Both are great seats I'm sure but I really do like the CVO the best between the two your interested in.

There are more for you to look at as well. I was looking at both of those seats for months until I decided to pull the trigger on my solo seat.

I ended up with a Drag Specialties Solo Seat.

Glad I did because it's a great seat and thecraftsmanship is equally as nice.

The best part, it drops you 1-1/2" and sits you back 1".

As far as the CVO seat, I like the seat, a lot, but I'm sure the Mustang is more comfortable.

You need to decide what you really want out of a seat before just throwing cash at one then not really digging it.

Good Luck Man

Swomack


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Gallery / Click Below Link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swomack is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,783
Garage
Ya I jumped at the one I have now and I don't like it.

I've owned mustangs. Had a vintage solo with the backrest on my SG. It was good for an hour. Like my saddleman. 1 hour. But the saddleman raises me up an inch over stock. I thought I could live with it. I can't.

I have my Hammock for the long rides. I been looking at everything solo for a few weeks. I was looking at the Le Pera bare bones too. Crocodile cover.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is online now  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Life Member
 
skratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: louisiana
Posts: 3,894
well, i've never seen the mustang in person. but, i am a big proponent of the cvo seat. i bought one for my last bike, and of course, this one came with one. i took the one of this bike and gave it to my wife and bought a cvo seat to replace it. the one that came with my bike was black and grey, i replaced it with the brown one off the 2012 maple.

i find them to be very comfortable. and so does the wife. we've done some decent rides (south la to virginia) and not had any issues with discomfort. no matter how comfortable a seat is, after a while it is going to be uncomfortable. getting off of it for a couple of minutes and walking around does wonders.

it does sit you a little lower than stock, which for those of us with short legs, it is absolutely necessary.

if you do decide to go with the cvo seat, give pcpain a shot at pricing. i've bought both of mine from him and have been more than pleased with the pricing and service.

I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining for a way of life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
skratch is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,783
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skratch View Post
well, i've never seen the mustang in person. but, i am a big proponent of the cvo seat. i bought one for my last bike, and of course, this one came with one. i took the one of this bike and gave it to my wife and bought a cvo seat to replace it. the one that came with my bike was black and grey, i replaced it with the brown one off the 2012 maple.

i find them to be very comfortable. and so does the wife. we've done some decent rides (south la to virginia) and not had any issues with discomfort. no matter how comfortable a seat is, after a while it is going to be uncomfortable. getting off of it for a couple of minutes and walking around does wonders.

it does sit you a little lower than stock, which for those of us with short legs, it is absolutely necessary.

if you do decide to go with the cvo seat, give pcpain a shot at pricing. i've bought both of mine from him and have been more than pleased with the pricing and service.
Awesome. I'm 90% on the CVO seat. I'll get it at my dealer. I have 250 bucks in Harley points. And I get a good discount so the seat will cost me maybe 80 bucks.

I'm not short legged. But I like to feel "in" in the bike. Not on it.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is online now  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Prospect
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFG7680 View Post
Awesome. I'm 90% on the CVO seat. I'll get it at my dealer. I have 250 bucks in Harley points. And I get a good discount so the seat will cost me maybe 80 bucks.

I'm not short legged. But I like to feel "in" in the bike. Not on it.
My only suggestion for you on solo seats is if you have very much torque from a take off, get the option for a solo with a backrest.
I'm currently using a LePera solo without a backrest and I can't stay on the seat and feel like I'm going to rip the bars off.
Just something to consider.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
RFG7680 likes this.
wfowill is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Life Member
 
RFG7680's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: North East Ohio
Posts: 3,783
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfowill View Post
My only suggestion for you on solo seats is if you have very much torque from a take off, get the option for a solo with a backrest.
I'm currently using a LePera solo without a backrest and I can't stay on the seat and feel like I'm going to rip the bars off.
Just something to consider.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
Bike is staying stock as far as motor. Stage 1 only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"That which we manifest is before us."
BUYER BEWARE @ BATTLEFIELD HARLEY IN GETTYSBURG PA.
RFG7680 is online now  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Life Member
 
madmat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Mass
Posts: 4,273
Garage
Don't forget to take a peak at Corbin, all day seat.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

18 RGS Bonneville Salt Pearl
madmat is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustang Low Down Vintage + tripper & wide tripper Larrys Ride Parts for Sale 0 06-19-2017 09:06 AM
Mustang Low Down Vintage + tripper & wide tripper Larrys Ride Parts for Sale 0 06-19-2017 09:05 AM
Mustang Wide Tripper Solo Review GLYDDN11 Seating: seats, backrests 8 04-08-2014 10:41 PM
Mustang Wide Tripper Solo W/ Passenger Pillion jim_b Seating: seats, backrests 97 03-20-2014 10:48 PM
Mustang wide tripper solo Jasondoow Seating: seats, backrests 8 05-07-2013 01:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome