Road Glide banner

question

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BubbaBeef 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I have a 09 with slip ons and other than that my only future mods to the motor would be a A/C. I know nothing ZERO about these fuel management systems. There are so many different ones out there it has confused me even more. Due to money constraints, I will be purchasing a "plug and play" type, paying for dyne time now is out of the equation. I would like to hear what everyones thoughts are on these and what seems to work the best and is easy to install. My main focus is reliability and running properly.
Thanks

#2 ·
I'm in the same boat and after much searching and researching I'm torn between two solutions to the lean issue. I'm considering the Nightrider performance Vied/Xied (http://sales.nightrider.com/), and the Dobeck engineering EJK (http://www.dobeckperformance.com/dobeck-products.asp) Both of these systems plug directly in between the o2 sensors and the ECU. This fools the stock ecu into providing a richer mixture to the injectors which corrects the lean condition produced when a freer flowing A/C and exhaust are added to the bike. I have heard some say that the stock ECU can correct for the added air/fuel changes but prefer to have control over that myself. I'm leaning towards the dobeck controller myself as there is greater flexibility/adjustability in this system and it has direct feedback via the led vs the xied/vied which only have a setscrew to enrichen/lean out the mixture and you would have to rely on the seat of your pants or a dyno to verify the results. Since I also have a 7 year ESP I want to be able to remove the system if necessary for warranty work without the hassle from the dealer. Hope this helps you decide, but I'm sure there will be a ton of response here either way to either system.

• Helpful
Reactions: JBSGROUP
#7 · (Edited)
I ran it for 2 years and had no issues(and I ride approx. 20,000/yr). Only has one adjustment for mixture. Once you find your sweet spot your ready. I had noticeable performance gains and great fuel mileage. I have now gone to the PowerVision after doing some other upgrades.

There are others on the market since I had gotten it and can't speak to there record.

#11 ·
Well just to clear things up. The FI2000 is not a tuner. It only controls fuel mixture. It ideal for A/C and Pipe only upgrades. When you start upgrading timing controls then you are going to need a tuner.

If you get a PV from Fuelmoto they will get you pretty close on a tune and you can utilize the auto tune feature as well. I will say in order to get the best auto tune you will need Wideband sensors and auto tune module. I use the PV because I don't want to dyno every time I make a change.

Installation of both is pretty easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.