Derby Cover 103 VS M8 - Road Glide Forums
Engine Related Engine Builds and more for Road Glides

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By HellInABucket
  • 1 Post By CORider
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central MO
Posts: 90
Garage
Derby Cover 103 VS M8

I'm trying to pick up a polished aluminum derby cover for my M8. Online there are allot of 103 covers available.

After picking around online, they appear to be different, however that is from changing the model on the J$P cycle website and verifying the PN, and nothing clearly stated via google.

Any feedback on this?

And, if anyone has a known good condition M8 cover they wanna ditch let me know.
CORider is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:43 AM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 897
Garage
Your M8 has the narrow primary cover which is why the derby cover is different. It's smaller then the ones for the TC bikes.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central MO
Posts: 90
Garage
Righton.. I was just reading about the on an HD forum thread with the redesign for stance etc. The dude that's gonna do the work said, "send me a big bore... cover". So Im educating. appreciate it.
CORider is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:54 AM
Life Member
 
HellInABucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,826
Yeah, its why my classic Bob Epstein created cast Steal Your Face derby cover that I had on all my bikes is now a relic on the wall of my man cave.
RGKen likes this.

2020 FLTRK - Roll away the dew...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HellInABucket is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 09:57 AM
Life Member
 
RGKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 3,949
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CORider View Post
I'm trying to pick up a polished aluminum derby cover for my M8. Online there are allot of 103 covers available.

After picking around online, they appear to be different, however that is from changing the model on the J$P cycle website and verifying the PN, and nothing clearly stated via google.

Any feedback on this?

And, if anyone has a known good condition M8 cover they wanna ditch let me know.
A 103 cover from a 16' has the same part number as a 17' M8 but going back to 2015 it is different. I compared part numbers on a FLHR on Ronnie's HD parts website. I believe it was 2016 when they started putting the narrow primary cover on all touring models that came stock on the Ultra Limited Low in 2015. That's when the Derby cover changed.

2018 FLTRXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RGKen is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central MO
Posts: 90
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellInABucket View Post
Yeah, its why my classic Bob Epstein created cast Steal Your Face derby cover that I had on all my bikes is now a relic on the wall of my man cave.
damn... thats what I'm trying to avoid.. my ass would send the wrong damn cover to this dude, pay an ass load, and get a nice piece of art....
CORider is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Central MO
Posts: 90
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGKen View Post
A 103 cover from a 16' has the same part number as a 17' M8 but going back to 2015 it is different. I compared part numbers on a FLHR on Ronnie's HD parts website. I believe it was 2016 when they started putting the narrow primary cover on all touring models that came stock on the Ultra Limited Low in 2015. That's when the Derby cover changed.
Righton, wouldn't have thought to check different years of the 103, I just checked a 14,.. i think.
good info.. thanks
RGKen likes this.
CORider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dark Custom derby cover Blackbag1 Troubleshooting for Road Glides 10 07-21-2015 06:19 PM
New Derby/Fuel Door Cover/Timing Cover - D&L Derby Cappers REDRUM *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 4 06-09-2014 05:52 PM
Derby Cover / Air Cleaner Cover Jetman Parts for Sale 9 09-08-2013 03:57 PM
Derby cover for 2013 FLTRU Stryke1 *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 8 08-02-2013 01:49 PM
Solo seat, BN bag liners, derby cover, primary cover SIC_26 Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 15 12-27-2012 05:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome