After months of trying to convince her, I think I finally got the wife to agree and let me knock out everything I want to do to the bike (13 RGU) at once to get it out of the way. I've been eyeballing a lot of your bikes on here with a jealous eye, so now I'm gonna need some advice and words of wisdom as I start to build mine. Attached are some pictures of some bikes that have the "look" I'm going for. Bigger wheel up front, lowered stance, big bags and fender. I don't want to go bigger than a 21in wheel, due to messing with the rake and I also want to keep the bike as "rideable" as possible (wife rides on occasion). Here are my thoughts as of now, and where I could use some feedback.
1) Stretched bags/fender- Would like to do a package deal so everything lines up correctly. I have the ugly RGU fender, so I'll also get the Custom Dynamics Plasma rods as my brake/turn signals. I really like the bags that "cut up". I've attached a pic for reference. Will need to be painted Big Blue Pearl. The fender needs to accept the mounting hardware as I have a detachable tour pack.
2) Suspension- To get that lowered look, I'll probably end up going air ride in the rear. I'm aware of the DIY air ride thread on the forum, but that seems a little outside my comfort zone. I know a few folks on here have installed air ride kits for $500 and below, so I'm hoping they sound off on this. I would really like to have it be adjustable so I can set it for solo and two up riding. Will also need to get progressive monotubes up front to make up for the bigger wheel.
3) Wheels- Like I mentioned above, looking to go 21. This part is going to come down to price. I've got a few picked out that I like, from Coastal Moto and Hogpro. Will need at least a front (may do the rear if I get the deal of a lifetime), two rotors, tire and ABS bearings installed.
4) Front fender- Gonna change out the stock fender with a wrap fender. Haven't done much research on these yet, so any help would be appreciated. Will need to be painted, Big Blue Pearl.
5) Painted inner fairing- this really pulls everything together. How does this process work and how much does it run?
Any other ideas or something I'm forgetting?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2013 RGU BBP. Detachable Tour Pack, aftermarket slip ons (no name), Wild 1 WO612s, Avon Cushion Grips, 13" Madstad, Kenwood Excelon x799, 8x DD Speakers (4x VO-M, 2x CXS 6.5, 2x B3), Diamond Micro 4v2 Amp.
Last edited by the88virgnian; 12-07-2015 at 11:23 AM.