Newbie here so Iím not sure if Iím posting in the right spot but here it goes. Just picked up my 15 rgs a couple months ago and was working on putting on a set of power duals to go with the street cannons already on it. I cannot for the life of me get the new headers on. I canít find a post or anyone else with the problem. Just canít seem to get either port close. Am I missing something? 3 of us are now stumped on it.
It's a pain in the ass.
Try this, it worked for me when I had them:
1. line up the front port, but don't seat and don't use the flanges yet (don't line them up to the bolt holes), but make sure they are near the top of the header. If they slip down, you'll be doing this all over again and cussing your head off...
2. lower the rear header slightly below the rear fins and just slightly outside
3. get the front port nearly seated and then raise the rear header portion almost into place
4. pull the rear header portion slightly to the rear, its tight, then push up
5. seat both front and rear and line up the flanges to the bolt holes and tighten and torque to spec.
The center exhaust brace will need to be removed for easy maneuvering... Then put back on once the exhaust is in place.
Hope that helps and happy wrenching! Pics when your done!