Advan Black King Tour Pack Issues - Road Glide Forums
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Churchburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 107
Garage
Advan Black King Tour Pack Issues

I’ve been struggling with Advan Black for months now.
I ordered a king tour pack with rack in Vivid black (Yeah, I know, it rhymes) Took 5 weeks, but finally showed up. Once I put it together and mounted on my bike, I rolled my bike from the shadows of the garage and In to the sun, I noticed the lid was heavily scratched from their buffing process.
I notified Sam Chan that the top was terrible, took pictures etc. and sent them to him. He agreed it wasn't acceptable and told me he’d send me another lid. “No problem, it happens” I said.
Well, three weeks later, I'd heard nothing. I reached out to Sam and he stated it would be another week.. I waited a week and reached back out to Sam. He had stated that the lid was ready to ship, but was scratched too.. wtf? So another week later, my lid shipped. Once I received my lid.. it looked a lot better, but was still plagued with deep polishing scratches, “Fuck it, I’m over it” they had also forgot to drill holes to mount the rack, and the center hole for the backrest of drilled about 2 inches too low WTF?
I reached back out to Sam to explain the issues and let him know I wasn’t stoked on the product. He offered to compensate me $100 for my troubles, and to look on my card statement in a few days.. that was almost two weeks ago..
This trunk experience sucks. For me it wasn’t worth the few bucks saved, by a long shot. I know I’m probably on my own in my opinion regarding this company, but figured I’d share my personal experience dealing with Advan black.
geo8866 likes this.

Jrock
CBMC President
Churchburner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 09:51 AM
Grey beard
 
guerra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Midland,Texas
Posts: 908
Sucks about the issues you had with them. My tour pack from Advanblack met my expections. Only bad part was the lead time. I waited 5 weeks to get mine. I would buy from them again.
geo8866 likes this.
guerra is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 09:53 AM
Life Member
 
Paul's Road Glide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 2,207
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchburner View Post
I’ve been struggling with Advan Black for months now.
I ordered a king tour pack with rack in Vivid black (Yeah, I know, it rhymes) Took 5 weeks, but finally showed up. Once I put it together and mounted on my bike, I rolled my bike from the shadows of the garage and In to the sun, I noticed the lid was heavily scratched from their buffing process.
I notified Sam Chan that the top was terrible, took pictures etc. and sent them to him. He agreed it wasn't acceptable and told me he’d send me another lid. “No problem, it happens” I said.
Well, three weeks later, I'd heard nothing. I reached out to Sam and he stated it would be another week.. I waited a week and reached back out to Sam. He had stated that the lid was ready to ship, but was scratched too.. wtf? So another week later, my lid shipped. Once I received my lid.. it looked a lot better, but was still plagued with deep polishing scratches, “Fuck it, I’m over it” they had also forgot to drill holes to mount the rack, and the center hole for the backrest of drilled about 2 inches too low WTF?
I reached back out to Sam to explain the issues and let him know I wasn’t stoked on the product. He offered to compensate me $100 for my troubles, and to look on my card statement in a few days.. that was almost two weeks ago..
This trunk experience sucks. For me it wasn’t worth the few bucks saved, by a long shot. I know I’m probably on my own in my opinion regarding this company, but figured I’d share my personal experience dealing with Advan black.
That stinks. I took a chance at buying one of the tour paks from a similar company like Factory Fairing and it came out excellent. I couldn't be happier. I guess you just never really know until you dive in.

"Just put that hammer down and give it hell" -Jerry Reed.
Paul's Road Glide is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Churchburner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Seattle
Posts: 107
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul's Road Glide View Post
That stinks. I took a chance at buying one of the tour paks from a similar company like Factory Fairing and it came out excellent. I couldn't be happier. I guess you just never really know until you dive in.
it's true.. because of rave reviews I went with Advanblack, but.. I don't think I would buy from them again.

Jrock
CBMC President
Churchburner is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:25 AM
Grey beard
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: St. Paul, Mn.
Posts: 1,378
Garage
I'm happy with my king tour pak too. But it did take "forever", after 5 weeks they email the paint job was bad and it had to go back to China and be redone. Another 3 weeks and it came looking great (Amber Whiskey) and smelling of fresh paint.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
geo8866 and Churchburner like this.

" 4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul"

2015 Road Glide Special "Amber Whiskey"
Buzzy is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 12:44 PM
Hangaround
 
z73421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Twinsburg, OH
Posts: 144
Sorry about that. The communication from them isn't great and it takes a long time to get product. Fortunately the items I have purchased have shown up (eventually) and been fine. They need a US distributor with inventory.
z73421 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:34 AM
Grey beard
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: St. Paul, Mn.
Posts: 1,378
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z73421 View Post
Sorry about that. The communication from them isn't great and it takes a long time to get product. Fortunately the items I have purchased have shown up (eventually) and been fine. They need a US distributor with inventory.
Your right. Communication was bad even though the guy was in California but there is no stock or work done here. He's just a middle man. Mine was over the winter so it was no big deal to wait.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

" 4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul"

2015 Road Glide Special "Amber Whiskey"
Buzzy is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 06:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 2
AdvanBlack or ??

This thread has me back where I started.. I want 4" stretched bags for my '16 RGS, Vivid Black. After lots of reviews, planned to order from AdvanBlack… now?? I want factory match, and the medium silver pinstripes.. who else would you recommend?

Anyone interested in selling '17 or '18 RGS OEM stretched bags as take-offs?
blueseacruiser is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:30 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 20
I ordered a Avanblack King Tour Pack July 8. I received it yesterday, August 27. The paint on the lid is terrible. There are spots on the edges by the latch mechanism that don't even have any paint on them. I am really disappointed.
Churchburner likes this.
chopperjamie is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 10:21 AM
Life Member
 
wevsspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: God's Country
Posts: 1,740
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
I'm happy with my king tour pak too. But it did take "forever", after 5 weeks they email the paint job was bad and it had to go back to China and be redone.
That's the problem with many of the bargain priced parts and accessories that are out there. Lots of them are manufactured over-seas (China, Mexico or some other country with crazy cheap labor) and the results are hit and miss. Take Swomack................. he's had extremely good luck and experiences with Mutazu stuff, but my experience wasn't so good. Neither were my purchases from AdvanBlack or Hogworkz. I'll confess, I'm pretty picky when it comes to cosmetics, but the stuff I had to return was way worse than just "bad".

In the end I bit the bullet and put TopShop bags on my 2015. They were painted by Factory Match. Those bags were perfect. And yes, they were expensive. But after 3 attempts with three Chinese knock-offs I was tired and wore out from the hassle.
James and Churchburner like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wevsspot is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone use Advan Black or similar bag extensions? Pics? mastergunnera8 *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 9 04-24-2017 04:26 PM
BADDAD fender and Advan Black bags Hotwire Paint & Bodywork Section 21 03-27-2017 06:29 AM
Advan Black Razor Pack Miannalfo103 *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 0 03-14-2017 09:32 PM
Advan Black Fairing Lowers - Review Morningwood Aftermarket Accessories 6 03-04-2017 04:42 AM
OEM HD Fairing lowers vs Advan Black jimvall *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 9 02-28-2017 09:42 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome