Garmin Zumo 665 Question - Road Glide Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
gakarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.
Posts: 463
Garmin Zumo 665 Question

Those of you who have this unit, how do you interface with it? Is it possible to connect with the stock HK radio using a adapter through the back of the head unit? Or is the only way to hear the XM is through a blue tooth headset?

Tony K. - Jacksonville, Fl.
Road Glide Podcast:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"or" iTunes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 FLTRX Denim Black
gakarl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM
Life Member
 
OldNerdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakarl View Post
Those of you who have this unit, how do you interface with it? Is it possible to connect with the stock HK radio using a adapter through the back of the head unit? Or is the only way to hear the XM is through a blue tooth headset?
The connection is thru the Aux jack. Normally, that is on the front of the HK Radio. However, there are how-to's on moving the connection to the rear. Here is one thread on that topic. There are probably more here, and lots more on the rest of the internet.

In theory, Theory and Reality are the same. In reality, they are different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldNerdGuy is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 11:26 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
gakarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNerdGuy View Post
The connection is thru the Aux jack. Normally, that is on the front of the HK Radio. However, there are how-to's on moving the connection to the rear. Here is one thread on that topic. There are probably more here, and lots more on the rest of the internet.
Thanks! I was hoping harley had some part or add on they sold that allowed for it. I will dig into your link.

Tony K. - Jacksonville, Fl.
Road Glide Podcast:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"or" iTunes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 FLTRX Denim Black
gakarl is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Member
 
Workman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Olathe, CO
Posts: 417
Plugging into the aux input will allows me to hear all of the GPS functions on a 660 (Not the HD Version) and the CB radio on the 7 pin headset plugged in to the center console. I can hear and talk on my BT phone thru the GPS as long as I am standing still but in motion all the other end hears is wind.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Workman is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 05:02 PM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dunkirk, Maryland
Posts: 69
Look into the HDBomm and spoiled biker blue tooth interface module that plugs into the wired connections and allows the use of blue tooth. You would still use the aux jack to play music through the radio speakers but if you have blue tooth such as a Sena unit you can talk on your phone that is connected to the gps if you have the HDBomm and spoiled biker unit.
Chofu73 is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Life Member
 
dnschmpn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Posts: 1,645
I have the 665 connected with the J&M bluetooth integrator which allows me to answer the phone, hear mp3, XM, radio, cd all while getting driving directions. Unit is pricey and not very reliable. You have to hold your tongue to the left, tab the handle bar three times and hope that all syncs up in order for it to work. It is a reakl PIA and John (J&M) like to blame tbe garmin unit as being the issue. However my I-phone has no issues syncing with the garmin and it coonects up perfectly everytime.

If you only want to listen to XM or MP3 player through Garmin, the auxillary port is the easy way to go.

Enjoy the Ride!
2013 RGU in Big Blue Pearl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
S&S Power Tune Duals w/V&H Slash Cuts, TTS Mastertune, Daymaker Headlights, Hawg Wired RS 400 amps, J&M Rokker speakers, AN Big Sucker, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Madstad, Progressive Monotubes, JRI Shocks, All LED lights, & several Chrome Goodies.
dnschmpn is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Life Member
 
OldNerdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnschmpn View Post
I have the 665 connected with the J&M bluetooth integrator which allows me to answer the phone, hear mp3, XM, radio, cd all while getting driving directions. Unit is pricey and not very reliable. You have to hold your tongue to the left, tab the handle bar three times and hope that all syncs up in order for it to work. It is a reakl PIA and John (J&M) like to blame tbe garmin unit as being the issue. However my I-phone has no issues syncing with the garmin and it coonects up perfectly everytime.

If you only want to listen to XM or MP3 player through Garmin, the auxillary port is the easy way to go.
I use the Bluetooth on the 665 and headphones in my helmet. My iPhone is synced to the 665, and I have full phone functionality. No issues at all. From what I have been told, when I speak, it is audible, and when I don't, there is some background wind noise. With the XM, a 16gig MicroSD card filled with MP3's, I have all the music I need. I have a J&M Bluetooth headset and it works so well, I never even use the radio anymore, except for a clock. As a matter of fact, next time I take off the fairing, the Sony/Biketronics is coming out and the stock HK unit is going back in. It has a bigger clock!

In theory, Theory and Reality are the same. In reality, they are different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldNerdGuy is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
gakarl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jacksonville, Fl.
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNerdGuy View Post
I use the Bluetooth on the 665 and headphones in my helmet. My iPhone is synced to the 665, and I have full phone functionality. No issues at all. From what I have been told, when I speak, it is audible, and when I don't, there is some background wind noise. With the XM, a 16gig MicroSD card filled with MP3's, I have all the music I need. I have a J&M Bluetooth headset and it works so well, I never even use the radio anymore, except for a clock. As a matter of fact, next time I take off the fairing, the Sony/Biketronics is coming out and the stock HK unit is going back in. It has a bigger clock!
I will be using a Scala G9, assuming I will be doing a similiar setup.

Tony K. - Jacksonville, Fl.
Road Glide Podcast:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"or" iTunes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 FLTRX Denim Black
gakarl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Garmin Zumo 665 GPS complete kit! lkptpete Parts for Sale 4 11-25-2014 06:32 PM
Garmin Zumo 665 Problems PRWestlake GPS 4 12-02-2012 12:15 PM
Garmin Zumo 660/665 GPS Locking Mount HarleyCharley Equipment-RG 9 01-09-2012 07:50 PM
Garmin Zumo 665 XM Radio- My Good Idea BDMastiff *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 6 10-05-2011 06:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome