Road Glide banner

2015 Run To Patti's Grand Rivers Ky

13K views 142 replies 18 participants last post by  JacktheBagger 
#1 ·
The 2014 run was too early in the year , we had four peeps two from here and each of us brung a batwing along ..

Nothing chiseled in stone as for a date , probably the last Saturday in September , which is the 26th .

Reservations are required , if ya wanna spend the night there are several motels at the exit ( exit 31 on I-24 ) ..

And the next exit west ( 27 ?? ) has more as well ..

www.pattis1880s.com

415PM , made reservations for 15 , we have 10 committed and I have at least two mebbes my self .. If for some reason we are not all together at that point , Rally Point will be the Four Rivers HD Tshirt shop in Grand Rivers , which is a good rock throw from Patti's , Say Rally around 345-400PM .. If you are later , the reservation is under the name "The Sharks" .. May not all be able to sit together , but the tables will be next to each other , said cant put that many tables together .. I'm PM'n my cell phone to those who do not have it ..

JtB

See less See more
#2 ·
Good idea Jack.

I've been hoping for a meet-n-greet for when I get back from Utah in mid September.

We ought to take 840 off i65 towards Dickson and Dover, then run up the trace in LBL.

Y'all make this happen and I'll even buy a beer for the first 12 roadgliders that make it.

#4 ·
Well it's 400 miles from my door to Patti's running 65 and 24 . Last year we ran the back roads , and took twelve hours , course we stopped in Tuscumbia to see Jim Bob .

Someone else suggested a route similar to that Gary , but never done it , I try to do this trip every year .. Sposed to be on vacation the following week , so may not come back with yawl . Last trip we rode down to the Ohio River in Paducah to see the murals and to Metropolis Il. and seen Superman ..

I aint old enuff to drink ..

JtB

#6 ·
There were a couple guys from around Indy who wanted to go last year , but I set it up for mid March which didn't werk for them .. I figured it wud werk because I rode to Elkhart in March of 12 and was short sleeves all the way ..

Think bow season starts Oct 1 here as well ..

JtB

#14 ·
It is on , for Saturday the 26th . I'll make a reservation as we get closer and get a better head count .. They gave me a number last year of the largest they could guarantee to sit together , but I forgot what it is . Around 20 IIRC . I will find out when it gets closer ..

Large groups are naturally harder to get a reservation , we only had three times to choose from last year with a reservation for 12 ..

Ideas on a time will help .. So far Garvin is the furthest at what 600 or so ..

JtB

#19 ·
I'm in = 580 mile ride for me sounds like a great day!

#23 · (Edited)
Don't post here much. Live in south Nashville and work in the Grand Rivers area frequently. Hwy 232 near Erin, TN and LBL are enjoyable rides although not technically challenging. Watch your speed in LBL as its a federal property and tickets are not nice.

We used to have a work group get together at Patti's about once a month and our rule was you're not accepted in the group until you eat the two inch pork chop with a dessert. Don't do that now as I'd prefer to enjoy my dessert. The rest of their selections are very good as well. Take time to browse the shops and visitor area behind the restaurant.

Also, Hampton Inn at I-24 exit 40 which is about 10 miles east of Grand Rivers is a nice place to stay with breakfast included and a restaurant next door.

#24 ·
I always get the small pork chop and a piece of pecan pie ..

We been going there for many years ..

Stayed in Grand Rivers at the Grand Rivers Inn before too , nothing fancy , but its right there ..

JtB

Small pork chop and pecan pie

#25 ·
If it aint too far out of the way for one of you Indy area peeps , I need a poker chip from Kokomo .. I stopped there in March 2012 and got a ball cap and no poker chip . heck if ya get me another ball cap from there I'll even reimburse you for it .. My spousal unit would like nothing more than for me to retire this cap ..

JtB

#26 · (Edited)
JB, I also go with the 1" if getting dessert but have found the 2" pork chop to be a bit more tender somehow due to the way they marinade and cook it. I'm a bit partial to the Boat Sinker pies. All the desserts are good. If you find you've had a bit too much but still want dessert they'll make you a simple dish of ice cream. They will allow you to bring in a bottle of wine and provide glasses if you're so inclined. Have we worked up ya'll appetites yet?

You probably know there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant on the west side of Kentucky Dam now. There is also a sailing marina just west of Patti's that has cabins overlooking Kentucky Lake for rent. Think they have 1, 2 and 3 BR units.

#29 ·
I dunno what time it will be , will try to set it where it works for most peeps , I can be there before lunch time if I leave here around 0300 , which aint beyond me anyhow . I may be off Friday and may ride up all or part of the way then , see what Drew and Gary are thinking . I'm flexible and off the following week , but still planning on heading back Sunday ..

JtB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.