Does the 06 RG have a STARTER LOCKOUT SWITCH? It keep the bike from starting in gear without pulling in the clutch. Also it work with the cruise controll. Why, I ask this question. Is my cruise controll is do working. I ran a test on it. From 4 thur 8 pass. But 9 fail. Here the test below.
You can also test the switch functions:
Easiest way to check all dropout fucntions of your cruise control.
1. bike off, run/stop to run
2. push set/resume to set and hold.
3 with cruise on/off switch to on, turn on bike
4. cruise indicator light should be green, release set switch, light should turn red.
5. push to resume and release, light should turn green then red
6. push throttle closed and release, light should turn green then red
7. push rear brake pedal and release, light should turn green then red
8. pull front brake lever, light should turn green then red
9. on models with a clutch/neutral starter lockout, pull clutch lever, light should turn green then red
whichever switch does not turn the light green, is your bad one.
if light will not turn green at all and you have followed ALL directions and tried multiple times, your set/resume switch is bad.
If light stays green even after releasing set switch, one of the dropout switches is stuck closed, usually the roll off throttle switch. unplug this and try again.
make sure brake light will not turn on without using brakes (wobbly brake lever, stuck rear brake light switch etc.)