2018 RGS Error Code PO572 - Road Glide Forums
Troubleshooting for Road Glides List your Road Glide problems here, and DR. Ruth will answer them.

 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 540
2018 RGS Error Code PO572

Just got out for a little bit today to dust off the ole scoot and I noticed my security light was staying solid red. I found a good place to pull over and checked my codes and I threw a PO572 code and I also had a longer scrolling code that was Pn 41000521C.

I know that the PO572 is a "brake light low", but I am unsure of what the scrolling code is. After getting home, it looked like I had plenty of fluid in my reservoir, however I do not have any breaklights on the rear of the bike. I have running and turn functions, but no brake light function from either brake lever.

For those with some knowledge, could this be a wiring issue under the seat, a pinched handlebar wire since I changed bars over the winter or could this be the Custom Dynamic Module for my rear bag lights that went bad? I don't have any electrical testing equip., however the bike is still under warranty... I just don't want to ride it in if it's an easy fix or most likely something with the CD module.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadglideinMO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Grey beard
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 901
Garage
It shouldn't be a wire in the bars or you'd still have light front the rear pedal. That fact that it's no brake period would lead me to believe it's some other issue. I'd start by unplugging the CD module.
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2019 Road Glide Special/2010 Street Bob
craigffb is online now  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Life Member
 
RGKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 3,950
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadglideinMO View Post
Just got out for a little bit today to dust off the ole scoot and I noticed my security light was staying solid red. I found a good place to pull over and checked my codes and I threw a PO572 code and I also had a longer scrolling code that was Pn 41000521C.

I know that the PO572 is a "brake light low", but I am unsure of what the scrolling code is. After getting home, it looked like I had plenty of fluid in my reservoir, however I do not have any breaklights on the rear of the bike. I have running and turn functions, but no brake light function from either brake lever.

For those with some knowledge, could this be a wiring issue under the seat, a pinched handlebar wire since I changed bars over the winter or could this be the Custom Dynamic Module for my rear bag lights that went bad? I don't have any electrical testing equip., however the bike is still under warranty... I just don't want to ride it in if it's an easy fix or most likely something with the CD module.
That longer number is not a code it is the part number for the section you are in. ECM, BCM, ABS Module etc.... They all show that.
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2018 FLTRXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RGKen is online now  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 540
Unplugged the CD module and reconnected the stock harness- still no brake lights on the rear. They are lit as running lights and I also have turn signal function, just no brake lights. The same goes for the Sequential Bag lights.... they are on as running/turn lights, but I have no brake lights.

Thanks guys for the quick replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
It shouldn't be a wire in the bars or you'd still have light front the rear pedal. That fact that it's no brake period would lead me to believe it's some other issue. I'd start by unplugging the CD module.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadglideinMO is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:33 PM
Life Member
 
BH#103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,824
What are the most recent modifications you made and can you confirm the lights worked before that? Here is some attached info for your P0572. Hope this gets you in the right direction. Quality is the best I can do right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20190408_173055_1554762718486.jpg (429.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg MVIMG_20190408_173044_1554762767212.jpg (7.27 MB, 16 views)
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2019 Silver Flux/Black Fuse FLTRU
"SLIVER"
BH#103 is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Life Member
 
BH#103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,824
Sorry man, just remembered you said you didn't have any testing equipment. Good literature and a picture to look at on the shitter then.
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2019 Silver Flux/Black Fuse FLTRU
"SLIVER"
BH#103 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Life Member
 
BH#103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,824
Here's another thing to try, no tools required this time I swear. Turn ignition on and press the cruise control enable. Turn ignition off. Hold cruise SET switch on while turning the ignition switch back on. Now you should be in diagnostic mode for the cruise control signals. Anything activated that's involved with the cruise will turn the cruise light green. Check to see if the bike is capable of seeing the brake inputs at least. Could end up being a bent or pulled out pin on the harness. You never know. Even though it's under warranty it's nice to learn new things to arm yourself for future problems.
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2019 Silver Flux/Black Fuse FLTRU
"SLIVER"

Last edited by BH#103; 04-08-2019 at 06:40 PM.
BH#103 is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 540
I wasn't able to engage cruise control on my ride yesterday afternoon at all once the codes showed up. I tried your recommendation this morning, but the cruise light would not change to green at all- it simply stayed the amber color no matter what I tried.

I took off the CD module once again just to confirm what was going on- with just the bike harness connected, I have rear turn signals, running lights. My rear hazards do not activate nor do the brake lights. All the turn/hazard lights on the front of the bike work accordingly. I then hooked the CD module back up and confirmed the same errors and it was all the same. I have turn signals/running lights on the rear lights and bag blades, but no brake lights or hazards. The front of the bike has turn/hazards to the turn signals and windshield blades.

I also pulled the main fuse and reinstalled just as a last resort to try- once the main fuse was reinstalled, the same problems exist.

I have an appointment with my Harley shop to have it looked at, but i'm looking at about 2 weeks before they can get it in since they are so busy this time of year. I'll keep everyone informed and let me know if anyone else has had similar problems or a potential fix for me to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH#103 View Post
Here's another thing to try, no tools required this time I swear. Turn ignition on and press the cruise control enable. Turn ignition off. Hold cruise SET switch on while turning the ignition switch back on. Now you should be in diagnostic mode for the cruise control signals. Anything activated that's involved with the cruise will turn the cruise light green. Check to see if the bike is capable of seeing the brake inputs at least. Could end up being a bent or pulled out pin on the harness. You never know. Even though it's under warranty it's nice to learn new things to arm yourself for future problems.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadglideinMO is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:46 AM
Life Member
 
RGKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Jax, FL
Posts: 3,950
Garage
Did you have the switch housing off for any reason like changing grips or levers? If you did and didn't shim the front brake lever as you took the housing apart and reassembled you could have broken the front brake switch. This would explain no cruise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RoadglideinMO likes this.

2018 FLTRXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RGKen is online now  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 540
Yes, I have changed bars and grips.... however I have ridden the bike numerous times since then and I did not have any issues prior to yesterday. Though, I would think if that was the cause, I would still maintain the brake light function on the foot pedal?

I have no rear brake lights from either the lever or pedal and I also have no rear hazard lights or cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGKen View Post
Did you have the switch housing off for any reason like changing grips or levers? If you did and didn't shim the front brake lever as you took the housing apart and reassembled you could have broken the front brake switch. This would explain no cruise.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadglideinMO is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arnott Releases 2018 Motorcycle Products Catalog ArnottInc Suspensions 0 02-22-2018 08:37 AM
New member and new 2018 CVO RG! fgregory New Members Welcome Area 25 11-01-2017 06:24 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome