CVO bag lock switch. - Road Glide Forums
Do-IT-Yourself For all those Do-it-yourself ideas that will save you some bucks

 1Likes
  • 1 Post By crazy4ink
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 164
Garage
CVO bag lock switch.

Good morning all. I do a lot of safety work with my bike. I'm installing flashing lights that have different patterns. My question is I'm using the lock switch like on a CVO for the luggage. It's location is on a 19 RGU right switch pod inboard position. Does anyone know where in the harness I can find the wire that would run to the tour pack and saddlebags? Would also need the color of this wire so I could pin my wire to hook into that.

I need a momentary power to change the modes of the flashing lights for different situations.

Thanks in advance.

If the Sun comes up you get another chance! Don't Worry
RGS15 Steve is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Grey beard
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: St. Paul, Mn.
Posts: 1,316
Garage
I believe the CVO has a different wiring harness than your special. The Rushmore bikes are not direct wired like your thinking, they use canbus to control everything. So it may be difficult or you may have to wire yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

" 4 Wheels move the body, 2 Wheels move the soul"

2015 Road Glide Special "Amber Whiskey"
Buzzy is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Member
 
craigffb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 742
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzy View Post
they use canbus to control everything. So it may be difficult or you may have to wire yourself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Not EVERYTHING. The comm harness for example isn't.
craigffb is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 09:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS15 Steve View Post
Good morning all. I do a lot of safety work with my bike. I'm installing flashing lights that have different patterns. My question is I'm using the lock switch like on a CVO for the luggage. It's location is on a 19 RGU right switch pod inboard position. Does anyone know where in the harness I can find the wire that would run to the tour pack and saddlebags? Would also need the color of this wire so I could pin my wire to hook into that.

I need a momentary power to change the modes of the flashing lights for different situations.

Thanks in advance.
I have a diagram at work for the lock and unlock buttons. I use them for up and down on air ride. I’ll get it for you tomorrow.

2018 FLTRXS Wicked Red
Harley Master Tech
Disabled Combat Vet - JTAC 96-06
crazy4ink is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 06:55 AM
Life Member
 
Ohiobellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canton, oHIo
Posts: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigffb View Post
Not EVERYTHING. The comm harness for example isn't.
Agree 100%.

Power locks don't run through the system either. Simple circuit.


OP, Here's another piece of eq you may want to consider. It will be cheaper, give more options and have a remote with it. I've used them before with my trucks and they work quite well. 4 buttons on it, you can program each one as a momentary of fixed switch. Small enough to hide under a cover or seat.
https://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Perform...SIN=B000BRJF62

A.K.A OBB
Check out the Ohio Glide Riders community page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ohiobellboy is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 440
Here is the diagram I jotted down one day and have been using it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg CF87C887-2A28-483F-AA56-6E1F81EC17BE_1542122647565.jpeg (1.03 MB, 72 views)

2018 FLTRXS Wicked Red
Harley Master Tech
Disabled Combat Vet - JTAC 96-06
crazy4ink is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 164
Garage
Switch harness

OK, so I have power from the outboard switch. I want to use the inboard switch to change the modes on my safety lights. not sure how to read what you have for colors.
The one you show not used is the one I want to use. It lights up so it has power when pushed but it's momentary due to the lock switch I've installed

Thanks for helping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4ink View Post
Here is the diagram I jotted down one day and have been using it.

If the Sun comes up you get another chance! Don't Worry

Last edited by RGS15 Steve; 11-20-2018 at 08:31 PM.
RGS15 Steve is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGS15 Steve View Post
OK, so I have power from the outboard switch. I want to use the inboard switch to change the modes on my safety lights. not sure how to read what you have for colors.
The one you show not used is the one I want to use. It lights up so it has power when pushed but it's momentary due to the lock switch I've installed

Thanks for helping

Under your left side cover, you should see a plug, near the Data Link Port that has the wire colors I'm referring to. It will have a rubber plug on it because nothing it normally plugged into it. I don't normally use the inboard switch on the right side, so I don't have the wiring colors for that one. As for the diagram that I attached, the middle switch powers the blue with white tracer that is under the left side cover and the right switch powers the blue with yellow tracer under the left side cover. the Green and Yellow above the switches refers to the Legends air suspension wiring.
RGS15 Steve likes this.

2018 FLTRXS Wicked Red
Harley Master Tech
Disabled Combat Vet - JTAC 96-06
crazy4ink is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Fork lock switch removal ??? sblair *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 17 06-07-2017 12:20 PM
CVO Power Lock Switch griswold Wanted! (Buy or Trade) 4 04-12-2015 03:18 PM
Tour Pack Lock W/Flat Key Lock. Bill-99RG *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 3 01-15-2015 01:16 AM
Got my ignition switch/lock all phucked up!!!! r0de_runr Controls & Handlebars 31 09-04-2013 06:17 PM
Ignition switch lock in access? ZAKMANDO Controls & Handlebars 1 05-01-2013 02:56 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome