Iron Butt - My Arse! - Road Glide Forums
*General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures Post general Road Glide discussions with photos.

 9Likes
  • 8 Post By bikepsych
  • 1 Post By sailronin
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
bikepsych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gold Coast of California
Posts: 326
Garage
Iron Butt - My Arse!

Greetings,
Completed my Iron Butt with time to spare. Went from Camarillo, CA (Departed at 0330) and arrived Denny's in Flagstaff, Arizona at 11:30, departed Flagstaff at 12:15, arrived back home at around 7:45pm (16 hours 15 minutes). Total mileage 1043. These bikes were simply made to run. Next goal, Saddle Sore 1500. Anyone game?

bikepsych, 2017 RoadGlide Ultra
Supertrapp Fatshots, SE A/C, 107 2 114 kit
bikepsych is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:01 PM
Prospect
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Squamish, BC
Posts: 223
Garage
Well done. I'm looking at trying one out next year, still trying to plot the course for one way

2008 FLTRU w/110" SE TC
Zedbra is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
bikepsych's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gold Coast of California
Posts: 326
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
Well done. I'm looking at trying one out next year, still trying to plot the course for one way
Come on down. Its about 1300 miles from Squamish to Camarillo.

bikepsych, 2017 RoadGlide Ultra
Supertrapp Fatshots, SE A/C, 107 2 114 kit
bikepsych is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:05 AM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 116
Congratulations! That's a great ride and a good time of year to make a long run in the SW, not too hot.

I did my SS1000 the end of July aiming for a lot of daylight. Left Seattle and turned around in Grenada, Ca then returned home. 1039 miles in 18.5 hours as I stopped for a long dinner to let some rush hour traffic ease up going north (15.5 hours running time).
The RG made it an easy ride of it and now looking to do a B2B, Canada to Mexico in under 36 hours but will wait until the spring to miss some of the rain here in PNW.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FLTRX with Police seat
Seattle, WA

Last edited by sailronin; 10-23-2019 at 12:08 AM.
sailronin is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailronin View Post
Congratulations! That's a great ride and a good time of year to make a long run in the SW, not too hot.

I did my SS1000 the end of July aiming for a lot of daylight. Left Seattle and turned around in Grenada, Ca then returned home. 1039 miles in 18.5 hours as I stopped for a long dinner to let some rush hour traffic ease up going north (15.5 hours running time).
The RG made it an easy ride of it and now looking to do a B2B, Canada to Mexico in under 36 hours but will wait until the spring to miss some of the rain here in PNW.
+1
Dvidal is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:03 AM
Life Member
 
Swomack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Prosper, Texas
Posts: 6,336
Garage
Good Stuff Brother

Swomack


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Gallery / Click Below Link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Swomack is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:13 AM
Prospect
 
Zedbra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Squamish, BC
Posts: 223
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepsych View Post
Come on down. Its about 1300 miles from Squamish to Camarillo.
I actually looked into leaving my house and driving down to Modesto, as that is where my bosses are located. After looking into the IBA 'rules', I thought I read it that I cannot cross borders. If I start in Canada, then it needs to be all done in Canada.

2008 FLTRU w/110" SE TC
Zedbra is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:35 AM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedbra View Post
I actually looked into leaving my house and driving down to Modesto, as that is where my bosses are located. After looking into the IBA 'rules', I thought I read it that I cannot cross borders. If I start in Canada, then it needs to be all done in Canada.
There is no restriction on crossing borders for a Saddle Sore 1000, or if in Canada the SS 1600 km. Use Google Maps to plan your route, get start and finish gas receipts (make sure the time is correct and the receipt has an address, my ending gas station did not so I went to another gas station and it added 20 minutes to my finish time getting the final receipt) and your start and finish witness statements.
Riding from BC to Modesto would be a good ride, probably down I-5 in the US so easy access to gas stations and rest stops if needed.
GO FOR IT!
Zedbra likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FLTRX with Police seat
Seattle, WA
sailronin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome