Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - SW VI Excursions!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-10-2016, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
calgaryglide
Administrator

Garage
Excursion Cost

Okay folks we have the pricing.

The Glacier Adventure includes both the tour out onto the top of Athabasca Glacier and the Skywalk adventure out onto the glass promenade 900ft above the valley floor.

Pricing is 79.35/person Canadian. There will be a link to a sign up sheet and you will be able to paypal your ticket money at the start of June. Peter will send out a Google Doc sign-up Sheet and and Ron will track Paypal reservations for the activities.

We will take approximately 80 people/day on the Wednesday and the Thursday. This will be an all day event traveling up there early in the morning, doing the excursion and hitting a few photo ops on the way back to the hotel.

There will also be a bag lunch signup sheet for each day for the excursion. The host hotel will provide the bag lunch at 15.87 and it can be added to your room bill. Water and soda will be provided by the SW VI organizing committee. For those not staying at the host hotel, please contact me, you can purchase your bag lunch from the host hotel or seek out your own in Canmore (more selection). There is a cafeteria at the excursion site, the lineups are long and they move at a glacial pace (pun intended). The food is expensive and frankly not that great. The bag lunches will save us all some bucks and help the drovers keep the herd together.

When considering when to fit all these extra curricular activities into the already packed schedule there is just not enough time to do an organized ride into Banff for the Gondola Excursion. I encourage folks to still do this in smaller groups if they would like in a self-guided format. I am still willing to take whoever wants to go on the morning of Friday Aug 5 if any folks are sticking around for the day or a couple more.

The walk up rate for the Banff Gondola is 42.95$ Canadian. Group rates start at 15 or more people. No advanced sign-up sheets for this.

I know that most of you will have put in some long days in the saddle to get here and most will really just want to relax and re-connect with your fellow shark brothers and sisters on the Monday evening, our lounge area in the showroom will be open for relaxing and swapping stories.

Calgaryglide

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2019 FLTRU, Tyggr
2016 FLTRU, Ruby, moved on to a new owner
2012 Road King Police, rain bike/teaching aid/will only go in circles
2011 Suzuki WeeStrom, Great Pumpkin, gravel rider.
2008 FLTRI, Miss Louise, moved on to greener pastures

Last edited by DreamRider; 06-05-2016 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Update info 06.05.2016

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome