GEICO vs Progressive - Road Glide Forums
Motorcycle Insurance Let's list our insurance companies here, what we pay them and if your experience with a certain company has been good or bad.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Louisville Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Louisville, KY.
Posts: 440
GEICO vs Progressive

Not long ago I posted my comparison for my bike insurance from GEICO and Dairyland. Very close, the edge went to GEICO.

But...., reading forum threads got me interested in seeing how much full replacement coverage would cost me. GEICO doesn't have full replacement. And a lot of good things have been said about Progressive insurance so I called them. Had my GEICO policy right in front of me. Currently, my GEICO premium for my Fat Bob is $525 per year, will increase to $566 per year when my '13 RGC arrives. So, going down the page, item by item, of what I now have the Progressive guy figured everything and came up with $1,849 for a year with full replacement value (max of 2 years for full replacement coverage) and $1,822 per year without the full replacement coveraqge. WTF ???. We double checked all the coverage amounts. Exactly the same coveage amounts. He seemed truly astonished at the GEICO price. And yes, my cage is also now insured with GEICO but to also insure my cage with Progressive would not have made much difference in the Progressive quote.

$566 vs $1,800+ ??? Go figure.

Louisville Joe
Louisville Joe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Hangaround
 
navyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 54
I had Progressive several years ago, and they doubled my annual rate for no reason. I have had one moving violation in my life and it was 13 years ago. I immediately went to GEICO and haven't looked back. I don't know what they smoke at Progressive. Others swear by them, but that was not my experience.

2012 Road Glide Ultra Ember Red Sunglo
navyman is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Grey beard
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: western Montana,USA
Posts: 1,429
hoyl crap you're right! thanks for posting this...I just got the HD with progressive when I bought the bike,about 800 a year..I just checked Geico and can get the same policy for 160 bucks. what a difference! now to find out when my expiration date is.

EDIT: changed to Geico for the better rate,not progressive.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2012 FLTRU-Thunderheader,T-max,tuned induction,progressive monotubes,Madstad 16 clear
2002 FXD-T-header+too many mods to list

Last edited by danglide; 12-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.
danglide is offline  
 
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Life Member
 
RoadGlideRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West TN
Posts: 2,081
Garage
I would not have GEICO if it was given Free!

yaS wa'DIch la'Hom Ho'neH jorDe' vestai-VamPyr
IKRV Hurgh HaP, Ring of Fire Fleet, Order of the Bat'Leth

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadGlideRider is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Administrator
 
JacktheBagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,351
Garage
would not have either one of them

JtB

So Many Highways So Little Time
2011 Ultra
JacktheBagger is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Life Member
 
NorCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlideRider View Post
I would not have GEICO if it was given Free!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheBagger View Post
would not have either one of them

JtB
please tell us why...
NorCal is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 11:44 PM
Life Member
 
RoadGlideRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West TN
Posts: 2,081
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
please tell us why...
GEICO stands for Government Employees Insurance Company. It was started by a retired Politician. It was the only insurance company that was allowed to sell insurance to Service members on base, and at High rates and would not sell to some. The refused to sell Motorcycle insurance to some and refused to pay for claims from others. They were the only game in town until a lawsuit proved it was a monopoly.

I will NEVER buy from GEICO, EVER!!!

yaS wa'DIch la'Hom Ho'neH jorDe' vestai-VamPyr
IKRV Hurgh HaP, Ring of Fire Fleet, Order of the Bat'Leth

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadGlideRider is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 05:32 AM
Life Member
 
smitty901's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 2,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe View Post
Not long ago I posted my comparison for my bike insurance from GEICO and Dairyland. Very close, the edge went to GEICO.

But...., reading forum threads got me interested in seeing how much full replacement coverage would cost me. GEICO doesn't have full replacement. And a lot of good things have been said about Progressive insurance so I called them. Had my GEICO policy right in front of me. Currently, my GEICO premium for my Fat Bob is $525 per year, will increase to $566 per year when my '13 RGC arrives. So, going down the page, item by item, of what I now have the Progressive guy figured everything and came up with $1,849 for a year with full replacement value (max of 2 years for full replacement coverage) and $1,822 per year without the full replacement coveraqge. WTF ???. We double checked all the coverage amounts. Exactly the same coveage amounts. He seemed truly astonished at the GEICO price. And yes, my cage is also now insured with GEICO but to also insure my cage with Progressive would not have made much difference in the Progressive quote.

$566 vs $1,800+ ??? Go figure.

Louisville Joe
That is strange I pay less than 566 for two bikes with progressive. And I just found out how good they are about paying up.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
smitty901 is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Administrator
 
JacktheBagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 9,351
Garage
as for progressive , one of the big dawgs , if not the biggest dawg , is a socialist and donates huge sums of money to undermine and destroy this country

JtB

So Many Highways So Little Time
2011 Ultra
JacktheBagger is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Life Member
 
RoadGlideRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West TN
Posts: 2,081
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacktheBagger View Post
as for progressive , one of the big dawgs , if not the biggest dawg , is a socialist and donates huge sums of money to undermine and destroy this country

JtB
Progressive is a big contributor to the Anti-Second Amendment and Gun ownership.

yaS wa'DIch la'Hom Ho'neH jorDe' vestai-VamPyr
IKRV Hurgh HaP, Ring of Fire Fleet, Order of the Bat'Leth

Vietnam Veteran, PGR, Widow's Son, "lIgh tlhab" (Ride Free)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RoadGlideRider is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geico beats Progressive Dharn55 Motorcycle Insurance 12 09-04-2013 07:48 AM
Road hazard damage using Geico question? ScreamingSkulls Motorcycle Insurance 15 07-08-2013 03:21 PM
Geico Commercial Question ChivoChavez321 General Off-Topic Discussions 1 05-08-2013 11:37 PM
My comparision, GEICO vs Dairyland Louisville Joe Motorcycle Insurance 15 04-01-2013 10:38 PM
GEICO Ins. RoadGlide5150 Motorcycle Insurance 28 10-02-2011 07:24 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome