Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - SW6 Ride plans and help for planning the ride home
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
motofan
Prospect

Question SW6 Ride plans and help for planning the ride home

This post is intended to solicit thoughts and ideas (Troy and Co.) for the ride home after SW6. However, I will start with our current plans.
Charlotte and I will leave home on 7-21 riding with our 25yo son Rick on his Suzuki V Strom. We plan to ride mostly 2 lane through ILL, Mo, Ks, Ne, and cross Co on 14 through Roosevelt National Forest, then up through Wy to a cabin I have rented off of the Chief Joseph Hwy about 20 mi from Yellowstone's NE gate. We will arrive there Sun 7- 24 And our daughters and their friends will arrive tue 7-26. We will be KSU early Sun 7-31 riding solo, (hopefully) straight through to Stoney Nakoda. As of now, I have the room booked for Sun through Fri nights, but I'm now thinking about canceling friday and riding west to spend more time in the Canadian Rockies. I'm thinking about 2-3 days in Canada then making my way back towards Glacier Np because I can't imagine missing it on this trip. We will have the whole week after to find our way home.

So, I need route thoughts for the 2-3 days after SW, room ideas, sights not to miss etc.... Please include your thoughts on the routes back to Indiana also.

I am now officially obsessed with this trip! I can't wait

'06 FLTRI Blue/Black
'08 XB12XT Uly Black
Less judgment than wit is more sail than ballast.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome