TTS Mastertune BreakIN Tune??? - Road Glide Forums
Map Section Exchange mapping here. Please be careful when exchanging maps, we assume no liability or responsibility for faulty or defective maps. Exchange at you own risk.

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 02:43 AM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 44
Garage
TTS Mastertune BreakIN Tune???

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good break in tune for the TTS mastertune?? Im having the dealer build my bike but they are not familiar with these. I spoke to the dyno/tune man and he told me I need a break in tune for the bike and I could just do that myself or I could bring it to him for a cost of $400....I really dont want to have a freaking $1000 in tuning my bike. I don't mind the $500 for dyno and final tune but just to get me 800-1000 miles for break in I believe is a little rediculous.
This is my engine specs for my 06 RG FLTRI TC88 build:
95" jugs
SE roller rockers,SE 251 cam,SE PRO Kompressor Heads 10.5/1 CR
D&D FatCat 2:1 perf baffle
TTS Mastertune

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

06 FLTRI- SE 95'',SE 251 cams,SE PRO Kompressor 10.5:1 Heads w/manual CR,TTS Mastertune,D&D FATCAT 2:1
12" KlockWerks, 10" MeatHooks, LiteWay Dual 7" Daymaker LED Projectors, JVC Headunit, Rockford 6.5'sx2 fairing mounted, Rockford 6x9'sx2 bag lids, Fosgate 400w fairing mounted amp
Iron1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 06:57 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: westford mass.
Posts: 590
Who is going to tune it? A good tune will take 6 hours! that is your break in time. ( tuning all cells front cylinder then rear cylinder both cylinders together. A couple good pulls adjust everything again. ( hours) you are paying 400.00 for a tuner make sure you get a good tune.
dozer23 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 07:15 AM
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Big Rock Va.
Posts: 144
Find a tts tune that is close to your build flash it use the flight recorder run several short runs in different rpm's and download each run do this several times will be a good way to break it in,Then take it to a tuner for final tune cost is low this way.
Iron1 likes this.
steve2100 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:08 AM
Life Member
 
Smarty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Royse City, Texas
Posts: 2,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good break in tune for the TTS mastertune?? Im having the dealer build my bike but they are not familiar with these. I spoke to the dyno/tune man and he told me I need a break in tune for the bike and I could just do that myself or I could bring it to him for a cost of $400....I really dont want to have a freaking $1000 in tuning my bike. I don't mind the $500 for dyno and final tune but just to get me 800-1000 miles for break in I believe is a little rediculous.
This is my engine specs for my 06 RG FLTRI TC88 build:
95" jugs
SE roller rockers,SE 251 cam,SE PRO Kompressor Heads 10.5/1 CR
D&D FatCat 2:1 perf baffle
TTS Mastertune

Any help will greatly be appreciated.
If the heat cycles are done right, then put on the dyno and tuned for cold idle, hot idle, then 5,10, 15% throttle always taking note of engine temp and head temp, by the time the tuner gets to the 25% and on up, it should be ready for a full on tune. I don't see a necessity for a 1000 mile break in. We've been tuning this way forever as have other tuners. As long as you start out with a good download that is fairly close it will come out perfect and should have no problems.

2016 RGS Black Quartz
Smarty is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Life Member
 
mastergunnera8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 1,665
What type of tuner does the dealer use normally? I would recommend using that.. if you didn't buy the TTS already
mastergunnera8 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Nashville,TN
Posts: 44
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergunnera8 View Post
What type of tuner does the dealer use normally? I would recommend using that.. if you didn't buy the TTS already
The dealer flat out told me that what they sell is the SE tuners and they are junk now. He said for my build the PC5 would be a good one to get me going because his tech knows how to set it kinda decent. The dealer has a guy who does all their performance tuning and dynoing and he's the guy I've been told to go to by very many people. I spoke to him, the tuner, and he said he could tune any but the TTS is by far the best with having more places to calibrate. He told me all about the difference of them and I figure if he knows the TTS that well then I'd go with it. He said to start with it just needs set to the cold start settings and ran that way during break in then bring it to him for the final tune.. I'm dealing with Boswells HD in Nashville TN and my tuners name is Conrad at T&T performance. I could've tuned the PC5 myself as it only has a few variables and I've used one before but this TTS IS COMPLICATED FOR PERSONAL NO DYNO TUNING. If it comes down to it I'll just take it to him. He promises me that if I do it his way that I will have a well broke in engine before ramping it up to high rpms. Me personally will never believe that one can be broken in on the dyno. I mean all those new components don't need to be in a hard pull before it's all seated up. I've built engines for years and I'm a mechanic everyday by trade but this is my first harley davidson build and to use a tuner capable of what the TTS is...The tuner told me that TTS built the SERT to begin with.
mastergunnera8 likes this.
Iron1 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Life Member
 
Ohiobellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Canton, oHIo
Posts: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron1 View Post
The dealer flat out told me that what they sell is the SE tuners and they are junk now. He said for my build the PC5 would be a good one to get me going because his tech knows how to set it kinda decent. The dealer has a guy who does all their performance tuning and dynoing and he's the guy I've been told to go to by very many people. I spoke to him, the tuner, and he said he could tune any but the TTS is by far the best with having more places to calibrate. He told me all about the difference of them and I figure if he knows the TTS that well then I'd go with it. He said to start with it just needs set to the cold start settings and ran that way during break in then bring it to him for the final tune.. I'm dealing with Boswells HD in Nashville TN and my tuners name is Conrad at T&T performance. I could've tuned the PC5 myself as it only has a few variables and I've used one before but this TTS IS COMPLICATED FOR PERSONAL NO DYNO TUNING. If it comes down to it I'll just take it to him. He promises me that if I do it his way that I will have a well broke in engine before ramping it up to high rpms. Me personally will never believe that one can be broken in on the dyno. I mean all those new components don't need to be in a hard pull before it's all seated up. I've built engines for years and I'm a mechanic everyday by trade but this is my first harley davidson build and to use a tuner capable of what the TTS is...The tuner told me that TTS built the SERT to begin with.
Contact Steve Cole at TTS and let him know what your build is. He should have a map he can email you to get started with. http://www.mastertune.net/
turbochrisb likes this.

A.K.A OBB
Check out the Ohio Glide Riders community page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ohiobellboy is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 01:04 AM
Member
 
Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 314
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy View Post
Contact Steve Cole at TTS and let him know what your build is. He should have a map he can email you to get started with. MasterTune by TTS Inc.
+1
Smokey is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 02:06 AM
Grey beard
 
turbochrisb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 1,375
Garage
I used TTS in my build. I used a VERY reputable tuner here locally. I trailored the bike to him and he installed a break in tune....ran pretty shitty...but I put 300 miles on it and brought it back for final tune. All for $400. That IS the going rate. NOT double that.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


2006 RoadGlide Dragos 98" Stage 3, TTS, DD6, Dragula 2, 16" Malos, 970s & Monotubes, lots of black stuff. 110 hp / 106 tq
turbochrisb is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: westford mass.
Posts: 590
Dude if your tuner - builder dosn't have a map for the bike so he can start the tune maybe you should ask around and find a qualified TTS tuner.the bike will not need a 1000 mile break in as I said before if tuned properly break in will be on the dyno.
A BIKE CAN NOT BE TUNED PROPERLY IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS I DON'T CARE HOW CLOSE THE STARTING MAP IS AND IF ANYONE TELLS YOU DIFFERENT THEY ARE LIARS EVERY ONE OF THEM!
IF THE TUNE TAKES LESS THAN THAT THE TUNER DECIDED IT IS ( CLOSE ENOUGH )
dozer23 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TTS MASTERTUNE w/ Software and TTS USB cable. Raiderse Classifieds Archive (3 months old+) 0 05-17-2012 05:08 AM
TTS MasterTune Map to stop Ping and high heat 2011 RGU? Raiderse ECM/Fuel Management systems 15 05-10-2012 02:52 PM
TTS mastertune schuldtp ECM/Fuel Management systems 16 01-17-2012 09:24 PM
TTS Mastertune & a New Header Martin ECM/Fuel Management systems 5 06-25-2011 06:33 PM
Get a great deal on TTS MasterTune BDMastiff Engine Related 35 05-28-2011 08:22 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome