Road Glide banner

Latch covers

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  DED HD 
#1 ·
I don't often do this but I can't make up my mind. After crashing into a truck I need to replace many parts. One of which is the latch covers. Well left side to be exact if I want to replace with stock and put in some smoked reflectors. I'm tossing around the idea of either these performance machine or Covington Cycles. Worried about the edge cut on the PM because the only othe edge cut on the bike is the PM wheel. Worried they're going to stand out too much. And I'm worried neither one of the blacks is going to match up to the Vivid black bag. Any thoughts and opinions welcome. Thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
My preference is for the scallops. They have the rounded front much like the front of your fuel tank. I think the edge cut ones will look a little out of place, unless you want to draw attention to the latches. Just my 2 cents. If your worried the black won't match they can always be painted. When did you get hit?

#11 ·
Thanks for all the opinions. I'm agreeing with the latches drawing attention. That's not what I'm looking for. DED HD is going to give me a latch cover and I'm going to put smoked reflectors in. If I do change in the future it will be the Covington all black.

#4 ·
Da "smoked" reflectors (on black latches?would murder it out nice and take away some of that 'show bike appearance $$$ to a more down n dirty rider look.

That is an attention spot, maybe some stretch latches with 'blacked reflectors

The machine look is .... fk idk, good luck

#6 · (Edited)
Stick with Covington's scallops IMHO. They are beautiful and will keep a cleaner profile on your bike. The scallops are more subtle and add to the "Oh, I didn't see that at first"! comments.

#8 ·
I don't often do this but I can't make up my mind. After crashing into a truck I need to replace many parts. One of which is the latch covers. Well left side to be exact if I want to replace with stock and put in some smoked reflectors. I'm tossing around the idea of either these performance machine or Covington Cycles. Worried about the edge cut on the PM because the only othe edge cut on the bike is the PM wheel. Worried they're going to stand out too much. And I'm worried neither one of the blacks is going to match up to the Vivid black bag. Any thoughts and opinions welcome. Thanks guys.
Hey you worry too much! I think either would look great. I have seen the PM latches on several bikes. They look great, and color is non issue. I am digging the Covingtons more though!
Either way, it will look great!
Sorry about the accident. I was hit on mine in September and am changing up the latches on my bike too. I had vivid black ones with custom inserts, but now I am gonna put on the stock red ones. My leftside Vivid black latch was not harmed. Do you want it? I will give it to you.

#10 ·
Its currently on the bike, and im actually still riding it a little. Probably about done for the winter though, and then i get to start on my makeover! give me a couple days to take it off and get it packaged up. I need to remove my custom inserts too. Do you need a reflector for it? i think i know where the reflectors are. let me know if you need it, and i will send one of those with it.

its time for me to pay it forward, so no worry about payment. Send me a message with your address and i will get it sent out soon!

Oh and thanks, i am ok. only a little road rash on my arm.

#13 ·
All good. No rush. No reflector needed. I'm going to get some smoked reflectors for them. I'll PM you and we'll talk about payment for shipping. I've been around the block and I know this game. It starts with some free smokes maybe a latch cover, in your case, and next thing I know I owe you a hand job. No thanks Pal. ?
Some of you aren't going to get that. But I know some of you will. ?

#19 ·
Where can I find the smoked reflectors? The red ones are not right on my new one. My search have come up with noting so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.