Road Glide banner

Beartooth Pass Clearing for 2017

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Farmguy 
#1 ·
#3 ·
We rode Beartooth Pass last year. Fantastic ride. The wind was the thing that had me most puckered. I declare it must have been gusting at 60 mph. Thought I'd get blown off the side, or just fall over the other way when the gust stopped. Got a little snow/sleet too that made it interesting. Us south eastern guys aren't used to seeing that in July. Awesome ride.

#4 ·
I almost missed that road back in '12 when I was riding out west. Sure glad I spent time talking to locals and made the change in my route to get it in.

July 2012.

Some captures from the GoPro videos. I haven't yet figured out how to make the videos small enough to upload somewhere.

#5 · (Edited)
Chief Joseph, Beartooth Pass and the Big Horns are pretty hard to beat....along with extreme northwest Montana....Libby, Yaak, Eureka area, and the Lochsa/Hwy 12 across Idaho(99 miles pix). I was lucky enuf to do CJ, 4, and BTP 5 times last season..... in about 2011 I did them on the 4th of July on the way back from Cody and there were 20'+ drifts still along side the road up on top.......got cold for a while...on an otherwise hot day... And one year, way back, while riding my shovel, we were up there the first of August, right before the Sturgis rally, and got snowed on...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.