Trackside wheel chock - Road Glide Forums
 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Garage
Trackside wheel chock

I picked one of these up from Cycle Gear the other day. It seems very well built. But I can't get my 2018 Road Glide to roll into it. I got a 3' foot running start at it (just pushing it - no engine power) - the motorcycle just hits the dang thing and won't go in. I have the mounting screw in the widest position, but this wouldn't make a difference in how the motorcycle rolls into wheel chock. I see videos on the Internet of other bikes being easily rolled into this same wheel chock.

Any ideas??
HogWart is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 06:05 PM
Hangaround
 
ButchS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWart View Post
I picked one of these up from Cycle Gear the other day. It seems very well built. But I can't get my 2018 Road Glide to roll into it. I got a 3' foot running start at it (just pushing it - no engine power) - the motorcycle just hits the dang thing and won't go in. I have the mounting screw in the widest position, but this wouldn't make a difference in how the motorcycle rolls into wheel chock. I see videos on the Internet of other bikes being easily rolled into this same wheel chock.



Any ideas??


A picture of the mount?

I use a Condor and just run the bike in under power.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ButchS is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Life Member
 
BobRG15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Roaming the USA
Posts: 2,177
Could the chock be backwards not allowing it to rock forward


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mako Fade Shark added Tour Pak with pass backrest-drivers backrest-pass floorboards-saddle bag guards
BobRG15 is offline  
 
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchS View Post
A picture of the mount?
Here's a couple of pics. The only way I could get the wheel into the wheel chock was to use my jack to raise the bike, and then slide the wheel chock under the (raised) front wheel. Yuck....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WheelChock1.JPG (3.01 MB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg WheelChock2.JPG (2.40 MB, 127 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 11.18.12 AM.png (283.4 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by HogWart; 11-06-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added pic
HogWart is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRG15 View Post
Could the chock be backwards not allowing it to rock forward
I thought of that too, but I installed the tray as per the instructions.
HogWart is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Hangaround
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 60
Garage
I've poked around on the Internet, and apparently lots of people have the same issue with the Trackside wheel chock. It's difficult to get a touring bike into it, and even more difficult to get it out.

I think I'm going to return this unit, and get a WheelDock chock. No "teeter-totter" to deal with - you just roll the bike the bike into it.

https://wheeldock.com/products/wheel...nt=26294025411
Livewire likes this.
HogWart is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:48 PM
Member
 
Livewire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 430
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogWart View Post
I've poked around on the Internet, and apparently lots of people have the same issue with the Trackside wheel chock. It's difficult to get a touring bike into it, and even more difficult to get it out.

I think I'm going to return this unit, and get a WheelDock chock. No "teeter-totter" to deal with - you just roll the bike the bike into it.

https://wheeldock.com/products/wheel...nt=26294025411
I have the wheeldock chock and it works great! No need to have a certain amount of force to get it to lock. Only draw back I can see is someday the cylinder will need replacing. But while I have mine in there I run the safety strap through the wheel to make sure it is not moving. Also made a piece of plywood to slide in the bed of the truck to haul if needed. It works excellent!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

If it is stupid but it works, It ain't stupid...

2017 RGS Laguna Orange
Livewire is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 03:56 PM
Member
 
Ironhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Midwest Chicago suburbs
Posts: 321
Love my Condor. Adjustable and steady as a rock.
RGReno likes this.

Ironhorse 2015 RGS Vivid Black
Ironhorse is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Hangaround
 
Pags63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: MA
Posts: 101
Garage
X2 on the condor
Pags63 is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Life Member
 
PBSTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 5,857
Wheeldock.

2001 FLHR-Traded. 2010 FLTRX-Sold.
2010 FLHR
2003 FLHRSEI2
PBSTN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harbor Freight Wheel Chock Redfish-Joe General Off-Topic Discussions 12 03-03-2013 10:46 AM
Wheel Chock Recommendations. FLTRI *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 14 01-08-2013 07:32 AM
HF Wheel chock Maxcustody *General Road Glide Discussions/Pictures 6 03-27-2012 08:24 AM
Wheel chock assist swede0030 Tech Area 4 08-28-2011 04:46 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome