Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - 2017 RGU sidecar next project
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
smitty901
Life Member

2017 RGU sidecar next project

For wife and I to continue to enjoy our trips the time is coming for change. Trikes do no appeal to us ,so another sidecar is the way to go. In May we are going though Murry Ky and stop in at Hannigan motorsports. We want to see a couple hacks we are interested in and check out Hannigan motorsports. They are only 530 miles away so that makes them number one on the list. Not new to sidecars I have some idea of what I want and don't want. I don't want short cuts so taking time to do this right. As of now the Classic Twin appears to meet our needs. The flip open was number one on wife list.
Wife will still ride on the bike, the Sidecar is mainly for storage and stability . The right setup like this with Quick disconnect will allow the removal of the side car with little effort. This will be my first Sidecar on a touring bike so there is a bit more to it.
The Sidecar is not that expensive , but when you add up everything else it does get to around $12,000. Below is a list of option we are looking at. Some may not be needed , that will all get figured out as we work with Hannigan. Plan is to have it on for next years trips. here is a list of options . If you have experience and something to suggest I am listening.

Disc Brake with Quick-Disconnect Hydraulics (Mandatory on Certain Bikes)
$695
ECC (electric camber control) (HIGHLY Recommended for ALL Bikes)
$595
Mag Wheel Upgrade (5 spoke brushed aluminum)
$65
Spoiler Trunk Lighted specify Red or Clear lens
$295
Cup Holder (Tri-Fold fixed)
$35
Plug 12 volt Accessory + Dual USB
$50
Seat Belt (Lap Belt Only)
$55
Steering Damper Kit (necessary for some bike applications)
$125
Convertible Top (includes all hardware)
$495

Steer-Lite All others (consult HMS representative for availability & necessity)
$995

Cover-medium weight nylon (silver only)
$135
Springs Heavy Front Fork (where applicable by make, model, and availabilty)

Paint - One Color Black hills Gold
$1,095
Attached Images
File Type: png 1c2c605eb0c4c1dc570db0c90e224db9_408_299_90.png (93.0 KB, 227 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome