The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw - Road Glide Forums
 16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
calgaryglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,763
Garage
The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw

Hello Folks,

The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 is in the planning stages at this time.

Plans are to enter 'Merica on August 9(ish), 2019 and exit on or about the 17th(ish) of August. Passports or travel visas are required documentation

The Canadian border summer wall of wheat, canola and cheese will be easy to navigate across, the winter wall of ice/snow/sleet will have long since melted.

There will be a daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system as per our usual custom.

Skunks are rated higher this year albeit with a sliding scale for freshness.
Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Completely flattened but with a lingering odour 5 points.
Barely there black and white evidence, 2 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.
All bambi's fresh or otherwise are 8 points and Moose are 12 points.
1/10,000s of point shall be accessed for all bug kills and with butterflys and grasshoppers receiving 5/10,000's each.
All bird strikes regardless of size shall be awarded 25 points.
New this year 2 extra points will be allotted to all roadkill regardless of type that is able to crawl to a Dept of Highways applied lane marking of any color or type.

Live animal sightings of bears, 100 points, elk, 50 points, Jackalopes 1000 points, Antelope 10 points, prairie dogs 1 point a piece (your count number will be believed, no audit will be required)

1 point will be awarded for every mile of gravel ridden thru construction zones. Points are in miles not number of zones and all riders are responsible for keeping their tally intact.

25 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the cutest flag girl (decided by committee)
12.5 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the flag person most with the fewest teeth (decided by committee)
extra 5 points if these two categories can be combined and shot in one photo!!

All tire gators larger than 6" inches square shall be awarded 1 point as well. The annual water tower count shall be conducted again as well. All water towers in towns within eyesight of the route are eligible to be counted. Towers must be within eyesight of the main route, water towers sighted on side trips thru hinterlands for fuel or public restroom or a suitable well hidden ditch will not count.

As usual all riders are responsible for their own daily count and round trip tally. The winner be chosen at random.

Also as per usual, bring your own roll of 4-6 ply toilet paper or extra holed socks as you may require for pit stops at non fuel stops.

Also as usual room assignments are not final, it is up to the individual to make sure that their accommodation each night has been assigned by the quartermaster.

Gas buddy assignments are set on day one and should be loosely adhered too, credit card only minimum 2 to a pump unless the group has an odd number. If there is an odd number then the buddy system shall rotate daily.

No food restrictions this year, if you can stomach it you can eat it. Vegetables are not a required meal. Bacon is required at least once per day.


YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!



The Mayor
calgaryglide is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:27 PM
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 638
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryglide View Post
Hello Folks,

The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 is in the planning stages at this time.

Plans are to enter 'Merica on August 9(ish), 2019 and exit on or about the 17th(ish) of August. Passports or travel visas are required documentation

The Canadian border summer wall of wheat, canola and cheese will be easy to navigate across, the winter wall of ice/snow/sleet will have long since melted.

There will be a daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system as per our usual custom.

Skunks are rated higher this year albeit with a sliding scale for freshness.
Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Completely flattened but with a lingering odour 5 points.
Barely there black and white evidence, 2 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.
All bambi's fresh or otherwise are 8 points and Moose are 12 points.
1/10,000s of point shall be accessed for all bug kills and with butterflys and grasshoppers receiving 5/10,000's each.
All bird strikes regardless of size shall be awarded 25 points.
New this year 2 extra points will be allotted to all roadkill regardless of type that is able to crawl to a Dept of Highways applied lane marking of any color or type.

Live animal sightings of bears, 100 points, elk, 50 points, Jackalopes 1000 points, Antelope 10 points, prairie dogs 1 point a piece (your count number will be believed, no audit will be required)

1 point will be awarded for every mile of gravel ridden thru construction zones. Points are in miles not number of zones and all riders are responsible for keeping their tally intact.

25 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the cutest flag girl (decided by committee)
12.5 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the flag person most with the fewest teeth (decided by committee)
extra 5 points if these two categories can be combined and shot in one photo!!

All tire gators larger than 6" inches square shall be awarded 1 point as well. The annual water tower count shall be conducted again as well. All water towers in towns within eyesight of the route are eligible to be counted. Towers must be within eyesight of the main route, water towers sighted on side trips thru hinterlands for fuel or public restroom or a suitable well hidden ditch will not count.

As usual all riders are responsible for their own daily count and round trip tally. The winner be chosen at random.

Also as per usual, bring your own roll of 4-6 ply toilet paper or extra holed socks as you may require for pit stops at non fuel stops.

Also as usual room assignments are not final, it is up to the individual to make sure that their accommodation each night has been assigned by the quartermaster.

Gas buddy assignments are set on day one and should be loosely adhered too, credit card only minimum 2 to a pump unless the group has an odd number. If there is an odd number then the buddy system shall rotate daily.

No food restrictions this year, if you can stomach it you can eat it. Vegetables are not a required meal. Bacon is required at least once per day.


YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaw!



The Mayor
Do you have any information or plans regarding the route for this ride?

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is online now  
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Life Member
 
MightyWhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Stanwood,Wa
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by woverby View Post
Do you have any information or plans regarding the route for this ride?
Iím going to take a stab and say...Calgary to Sharkweek and back to Calgary. Though since Iím not Calgaryglide I should probably let him give you the details.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MightyWhitey is offline  
 
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 04:49 PM
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 638
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
Thumbs up The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey View Post
I’m going to take a stab and say...Calgary to Sharkweek and back to Calgary. Though since I’m not Calgaryglide I should probably let him give you the details.
Thanks. If by Sharkweek you mean Deadwood this year, I will see you there! Looks like 800-ish miles, or sorry 1,300km, eh :-).

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado
woverby is online now  
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
calgaryglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,763
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey View Post
I’m going to take a stab and say...Calgary to Sharkweek and back to Calgary. Though since I’m not Calgaryglide I should probably let him give you the details.
Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! That's correct. Anyone from the PNW, Nevada, Utah, California that wants to meet up in Great Falls, or Cody, Wyoming, come on down, out or whatever.

Plan is for a short ride Friday afternoon, Calgary to Great Falls. Saturday, Great Falls to Cody, Wy over the Bearthooth Pass and Chief Joseph Hwy and take in the local nightly Rodeo in Cody on the Saturday night. Nice easy day ride into Deadwood on Sunday through Ten Sleep and Buffalo Wyoming, dealer stop in Gillette Wyoming.

For any of you recently retired that find yourself with more time on your hands, come from whatever corner of North America you want to join us for some spectacular scenery and camaraderie.

Will post some hotel suggestions in the next couple.weeks or so for Great Falls and Cody. We usually stay at the Super 8 in GF and the Big Bear Motel in Cody, but looking to change that up this year.


Calgaryglide
calgaryglide is online now  
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Life Member
 
MightyWhitey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Stanwood,Wa
Posts: 1,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by woverby View Post
Thanks. If by Sharkweek you mean Deadwood this year, I will see you there! Looks like 800-ish miles, or sorry 1,300km, eh :-).
Donít ďEhĒ me! Iím not a Canuck!!! Iím betting Iíll see you there though.
Jacksprat56 and James like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MightyWhitey is offline  
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 01:55 PM
Member
 
woverby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 638
Send a message via Skype™ to woverby
The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour 2019 YeeeHaaaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey View Post
Don’t “Eh” me! I’m not a Canuck!!! I’m betting I’ll see you there though.
We have a Canadian worker at our small company. He had some immigration issues due to a lawyer's incompetence and was actually here in the US illegally for a short time; hence the term "bacon-back" for Canadians illegally in the US....

2017 FLTRU
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Last edited by woverby; 01-18-2019 at 05:45 PM.
woverby is online now  
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 11:31 PM
Life Member
 
groupw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: on the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies
Posts: 3,930
........... you Canadians sure got a lotta rules fer a motersickle ride
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryglide View Post
... daily roadkill count and wildlife rating system....
Skunks are rated higher this year albeit with a sliding scale for freshness.
Fresh, 10 points.
Night before, 8 points.
Completely flattened but with a lingering odour 5 points.
Barely there black and white evidence, 2 points.
Raccoons, 5 points.
Gophers 2 points.
All bambi's fresh or otherwise are 8 points and Moose are 12 points.
1/10,000s of point shall be accessed for all bug kills and with butterflys and grasshoppers receiving 5/10,000's each.
All bird strikes regardless of size shall be awarded 25 points.
New this year 2 extra points will be allotted to all roadkill regardless of type that is able to crawl to a Dept of Highways applied lane marking of any color or type.

Live animal sightings of bears, 100 points, elk, 50 points, Jackalopes 1000 points, Antelope 10 points, prairie dogs 1 point a piece (your count number will be believed, no audit will be required)

1 point will be awarded for every mile of gravel ridden thru construction zones. Points are in miles not number of zones and all riders are responsible for keeping their tally intact.

25 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the cutest flag girl (decided by committee)
12.5 points awarded to the rider with the photo of the flag person most with the fewest teeth (decided by committee)
extra 5 points if these two categories can be combined and shot in one photo!!

All tire gators larger than 6" inches square shall be awarded 1 point as well. The annual water tower count shall be conducted again as well. All water towers in towns within eyesight of the route are eligible to be counted. Towers must be within eyesight of the main route, water towers sighted on side trips thru hinterlands for fuel or public restroom or a suitable well hidden ditch will not count.

As usual all riders are responsible for their own daily count and round trip tally. The winner be chosen at random.

Also as per usual, bring your own roll of 4-6 ply toilet paper or extra holed socks as you may require for pit stops at non fuel stops.

Also as usual room assignments are not final, it is up to the individual to make sure that their accommodation each night has been assigned by the quartermaster.

Gas buddy assignments are set on day one and should be loosely adhered too, credit card only minimum 2 to a pump unless the group has an odd number. If there is an odd number then the buddy system shall rotate daily.

No food restrictions this year, if you can stomach it you can eat it. Vegetables are not a required meal. Bacon is required at least once per day.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 FLTRI, King Tour Pak, Vented Lowers, SG fender Fascia
'16 SERGU
groupw is offline  
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
 
calgaryglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,763
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by groupw View Post
........... you Canadians sure got a lotta rules fer a motersickle ride

Hey, they're not really rules, just suggestions. When the group gets bigly it gets to be like herding cats, so some suggestions to keep things streamlined and moving, like Metamucil!

Yellow glides are always welcome on any Outlaw Alien Cowboy tour!


Calgaryglide, aka the Legal Alien, aka The Mayor, aka Crazy Canuck, aka Can Head, aka Troy
Jacksprat56 likes this.
calgaryglide is online now  
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 11:03 AM
Life Member
 
OldNerdGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: St. Peters, MO
Posts: 3,433
Sounds like you folks will be headed south the day after I head north on the Beartooth/Chief Joseph.

I like to stop for lunch in Cooke City when I ride there. There is a nice Deli right across the street from the Exxon station.

In theory, Theory and Reality are the same. In reality, they are different.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OldNerdGuy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Road Glide Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shark Week 8 travels SharknoseScott ARCHIVES-SWVIII Durango, CO 59 08-07-2018 09:33 PM
Shark Week V; The Outlaw Alien Cowboy Tour. calgaryglide Organize Rides Here 68 01-09-2018 09:57 PM
Fairing Factory Razor Tour Pac - Gel coat passes for paint? turbochrisb Aftermarket Accessories 15 10-16-2016 11:01 AM
Gypsy tour 2014 SIGN UP - Official thread HUTMO ARCHIVES-SWIV NH & ME 92 08-17-2014 08:37 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome