Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - Water Pump obsolescence
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 05:40 PM
MightyWhitey
Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingSaddle View Post
It makes sense and itís what I thought too. The reality is, no can do. My pump went out sooner than later. Called and was told ďsure, ride it on in, no problemĒ, so I did. Speaking to the service manager, was told I could have caused damage. Unlike the air cooled engines, apparently there are passages in the wet head that are very thin and can be damaged if ridden too far with a faulty pump. Been a year and no problems, but if it goes out again, wonít chance it. IIRC, they had a bad source for pumps, and rectified the problem. I see it as a matter of when, not a matter of if it goes out again. Water pumps go out, and the same thing could happen (and has) while driving my car. I donít see supply as a problem. There are other things that can crap out on these bikes that could leave you stranded and the dealer might have to wait for. I donít worry about it.
Well Iím glad someone more knowledgeable than myself corrected me. Im curious now though how do you know the water pump has quit? Weep hole, water temp, do you have a water temp dummy light?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome