Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - 16” mx t bar with Kraus pull back plate
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Blueangel73

Garage
I too like the setup that Kraus is offering, the setup in the video link is almost perfect, I think I would go a little taller or with the straight up bar. I like the look of not having the MX bars and Risers welded together.

After looking at this setup, the first thing I did was start researching ignition relocations for the RG, that too I have not been able to find anything on.

It would be really helpful if Kraus provided install videos and maybe links to things like the ignition relocation.

Another thing I have been looking at is the Westcoast Young Guns risers made for the Rushmore RG's with the addition of the Kraus gauge relocation kit. But then there's the old gauge housing and what do I do with it? Do I ditch the cover completely and lose the switch housing? How clean looking are the stock trees? Do I want them exposed?

If I remove the cover completely, would it be better to just not use the relocation plate, can I bolt straight to the top tree? The T-Rex option looks really good at the 1:51 point in the video, but I think I would go with the Raptor option. I think regardless of which you use, you ultimately loss the locking ability and only gain the accessory power ability when relocating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdUiI8AewE

Mumbling Mike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Road Glide

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome