Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk Trucks
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 08:31 PM
eddienelson
Life Member

@JacktheBagger Im driving a 99 F250 with the v10. Im getting 11mpg empty or pulling. The heaviest I pull is a dump trailer that weighs about 11k loaded. Im the second owner of this truck. I usually buy a new truck every 2 or 3 years but its just not important to me anymore. I just sold a 2016 Toyota Tundra that was probably one of my favorite trucks but wasn't rated to tow my trailer. Im sure it would have done it with no problem but for legal issues I wouldn't. For some reason I just love this old 99 Ford. I bought it as a beater for work and didn't drive my Tundra for almost 2 months. A buddy hounded me to death to buy the Tundra so I sold it. I know Im going to buy another truck but Im certainly not in any hurry. I highly doubt it will be a diesel. Been there and done that and in my opinion they are overrated. If you took the turbo off of them their torque and hp numbers would be cut by a third. Add a turbo or supercharger and your looking at almost identical numbers. I did love my diesels but the maintenance and cost of maintenance really turns me off. Sure I could be getting better mpg with the diesel but to me its just not worth the cost of the engine, the fuel and the maintenance. Good luck with whatever route you decide to go with and be sure to post some pics of your new ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2016 RG Custom Vivid Black
Freedom Union 2/1, Andrews 57H cam, Mach 2 A/C, .030 head gasket

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome