Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - My other Fun toys
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:18 AM
Uncle Fuzzy
Shark of the Month October 13

I'm surprised you don't run at one of the Nostalgia Drag events. Not sure if there are any in your area or not. Still, it has to be a thrill to start 'er up for a cackle-fest event. Neat. Now that I live within 4-5 hours of a National event, we've attended the "Gator Nationals" the past two years. They had their "50th Annual" a little over a month ago. Pretty big deal for the NHRA and the track. They brought back some of the legends of the sport - Garlits, Shirley, Prudomme, W.J. and 4 more. Unfortunately, as so often happens at these types of anniversary events, they had them match racing ... wait for it ..... wait for it .... in new Toyota Camrys! That was about as exciting as watching paint dry. Good to see them all though.

Two weeks later we attended the NSRA Southeast Nationals event in Tampa at the fair grounds. I always enjoy looking at the street rods, customs, and every other 'genre' of car/truck they have there. There were some really high dollar resto-mods being exhibited. My first time at that event as there's always a conflict with bike week Daytona - this year we did the 4 wheel thing. The wonderful part of it for me is that my GF actually enjoys doing both car and bike events. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” - HST

Last edited by Uncle Fuzzy; 05-09-2019 at 12:30 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome