Road Glide Forums - View Single Post - Deer, Dogs, Drunks, ATVs: Be Careful out there!
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:03 AM
Ickshter

Garage
Went for a ride on Sunday, Was entering a round about when I notice a car coming into the single lane round-about with out even looking to her left. She is coming off the main road which was 55MPH before the interchange. I hit hard on the brakes because I am assuming she wasn't going to yield to my right of way, sure enough she enters the round-about right in front of me. If I would've "assumed" she was going to yield I would've been smacked. I laid on the horn and made her jump when she realized I was there. NEVER assume.

After that went to a friends house for a bonfire and a beverage. Left about 11PM, 30mi ride back I saw many "green eyes" along the side of the road, but it usually never bothers me. I think it is actually easier to spot animals @ night because my eyes are focused on what my LED headlights are shining on. Whereas in the day, my eyes could wander a bit more. Just the way I feel, many of my friends won't ride much at night, but I have never had issues with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome