Road Glide banner

I need more cowbell (bass)

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Willy_B 
#1 ·
I need to to add a ton of bass into my system. At the moment I have none at all. Im thinking of going with the advanblack 8” speaker lids for the bags.
Can anyone recommend speakers for the 8” lids, or any other ideas for the rear? Maybe 6x9’s over the 8”? I listen to mostly heavy metal and death metal, slayer, six feet under . I would appreciate any input, thanks.
2015 roadglide arc audio 600x4, Hertz Pro Audio Speaker Combo SV165.1 - ST25 from American hardbag.

#6 ·
I can tell you 8s or any speaker in a lid will not give you any bass. The JL 8.8’s i had on my last bike were ok but i still wasn’t happy. Your best bet is to add a set of 8s or 10s inside your bags. I’m in the process of doing 10s right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: madmat
#8 ·
Welcome, from One New Yorker to Another, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I just put a set of PRV 8MB600FT Speakers in the saddlebags and they made a much needed improvement with the Bass in My Audio System.
I am still tuning My System tho.
A set of 10" Speakers will provide more bass but I didn't want to loose that much bag space.
Where in NY are You? I'm just north of The Big Apple.
If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Mike U.

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.